Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to see one of the first 2013's with beefy 285/55R20 All-Terrain tires! Not to mention the HRE's...sexy combo! Personally, I would have went with a different AT tire (Nitto Terra Grappler). Either way...check out the pics.

Reactions: Johntess

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Certainly better than the pussy wagon mall pimp combos we will see in the near future as folks "upgrade" their wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I really like them, but LR has to offer some off-road gear for the FFRR... it's still "too smooth" and pretty. A push bar and light guards alone would help greatly. LR has to do something or they're going to lose their core customers. Although that segment is probably less than 10%, having some sort of safari gear, to at least emulate its past, would preserve the brand.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
201 Posts
I really like them, but LR has to offer some off-road gear for the FFRR... it's still "too smooth" and pretty. A push bar and light guards alone would help greatly. LR has to do something or they're going to lose their core customers. Although that segment is probably less than 10%, having some sort of safari gear, to at least emulate its past, would preserve the brand.
Mmmmm....let me double check that...."core customer".....and....."less than 10%" .....

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Sadly the "core customer" nothing compared to what it once was. I doubt LR will cater to their long held customers when the new yuppie mall trolls will rake in the money.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Sadly the "core customer" nothing compared to what it once was. I doubt LR will cater to their long held customers when the new yuppie mall trolls will rake in the money.
I think brand loyalist know the difference between the new one and last generation FFRR. Agree that in today's market you chase share and margin. Who cares if the product is mediocre. As long as it is expensive and has the badge.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,991 Posts
LR should keep the old body style for that 10% halo group! the A/T wheels looks off to the smooth lines of the new FFRR. like the old defender that retained its value even if it has a primitive 4x4 system.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm looking to do the same to my car but I'm having hard time with 285/55/20 as I don't think they will fit. The car in the picture looks like it is lifter or in off road mode.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi ElDiablo, or devil, I have The cooper A/T Tyres of the same size fitted to my MY14.5 and they do fit even when the car is lowered for exit entry mode no mods to be carried out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Jettec, did you use the standard 20" wheels/rims that came with the car or did you buy different ones? I currently have 22" wheels and want to do some 4wd, but won't do this with these 22" wheels

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Jettec, did you use the standard 20" wheels/rims that came with the car or did you buy different ones? I currently have 22" wheels and want to do some 4wd, but won't do this with these 22" wheels
I just bought a set of used 9.5/20 wheels and ordered 285/55/20 tires. I will be mounting it next week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice to see one of the first 2013's with beefy 285/55R20 All-Terrain tires! Not to mention the HRE's...sexy combo! Personally, I would have went with a different AT tire (Nitto Terra Grappler). Either way...check out the pics.

Do this tires rub with the RR at it's driving height?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has a problem with abs ,rear left wheel,i have already replaced abs sensor,bearing,but still showing abs light warning,diagnosis machine,shows about the connector,.and already i changed the connector,still no change,does any body knows about the issue?rangerover vogue super charge 2013 5.0litres petrol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts