RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear wiper motor twice now has not move the wiper blade arm, I had to remove the wiper arm replaced it back in re tighten the nut but the arm moves very slow. Any thoughts? Should I change the motor or maybe the arm is wearing off?
Tks for your suggestions

·
Registered
Range Rover Sport 2013 L320
5 Posts
Hi Basque1, try to take off the wiper blade arm and switch on the rear wiper without it and see if the motor moves as it should or still very slow, so you can discard one or other problem. If I may ask is your a L320 with power tail lift and if it is can you open the tailgate with the switch above the number plate? Asking as mine is the same year but unable to open on the switch even though I’ve replaced the switch for a new one.
Thanks in advance and I hope my suggestion helps you.
Orlando

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Basque1, try to take off the wiper blade arm and switch on the rear wiper without it and see if the motor moves as it should or still very slow, so you can discard one or other problem. If I may ask is your a L320 with power tail lift and if it is can you open the tailgate with the switch above the number plate? Asking as mine is the same year but unable to open on the switch even though I’ve replaced the switch for a new one.
Thanks in advance and I hope my suggestion helps you.
Orlando
Hi Orlando:
Tks for your reply yes the motor moves, the problem was the arm itself, the striations are worn out, got a new arm, problem solved. Yes it is a power tailgate.
Regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for that information, just asking as mine doesn’t open if I press it even after I’ve put a new switch so I’m assuming it’s something else.
Regards

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that information, just asking as mine doesn’t open if I press it even after I’ve put a new switch so I’m assuming it’s something else.
Regards
You will need to have the key fob with you then it will open at least that is the only way mine will open

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NEW UPDATE (NOT HAPPY) Once again, even with the new arm installed, the arm failed to move when turned on, had to re tighten the nut of the shaft. I am considering two options, wrap the shaft with aluminum foil or put som blue locktite! this is really annoying. The wiper motor turns no problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That’s very odd Basque, normally the new arms come without the striation and they will be made when you tight it for the first time but shouldn’t be cause to fail.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
139 Posts
Yeah Id definitely try using a locknut first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts