RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally solved long standing EPB issue.

An independant, Mid Atlantic Rovers, found and repaired a damaged wire that prevented the brake switch from working.
It was behind a removeable panel in the rear lhs wheel well.

Drove home and there was an awful rasping/grinding sound when I applied the switch.
So much for the gears in the EPB module.

Why it did not happen when they tested it I do not know.

Ended up replacing the rotors, shoes, and pad sensor and installing my original EPB module.

Saved myself a ton of money and now have a working EPB with no warnings on the dash at last.

Will replace the gears in the EPB module, that I bought on Ebay and installed a while ago, and sell it.

Replaced the fron pad sensor as well as it had broken.

Also re installed a VAP tune.

Now this Rover is a pleasure to drive again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was not one of the codes.

I ran JLRSDD software and it always pointed to the EPB switch which I replaced with no change.

The software was able to connect to the EPB.

The area where the wiring was damaged is apparently very common on these cars according to the mechanic
and that was the first place he looked.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
87 Posts
That was not one of the codes.

I ran JLRSDD software and it always pointed to the EPB switch which I replaced with no change.

The software was able to connect to the EPB.

The area where the wiring was damaged is apparently very common on these cars according to the mechanic
and that was the first place he looked.
Thanks for the reply. I’ll be checking that wire first if it’s very common problem. Got any pictures by any chance?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry no pics unfortunately. The mechanic said that the wires are easy to get at.

Replacing the EPB unit itself is hard work because of the tight space and the routing of the three cables.

Also possibly rusted anchoring bolts here and there.

I have done this 3 times now so do have it down pat.

Its a no brainer to replace the shoes and drums as well while at it.

The sensor cables plugs, which I replaces front and back are quiet difficult to get at
as they are hidden behind "stuff" and you have to either remove or leverage things out of the way.

The front wheel liner and in the rear you need to take down the spare.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
87 Posts
Crossing my finger it’s not the EPB unit that’s broken. Appreciate your reply 🤙🏻

1 - 7 of 7 Posts