RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home earlier this week on the interstate and my AC started emitting a chemical type smell and then the A/C system shut down. The entire system is no longer blowing any air, AC, or heat. Has anyone had a similar experience?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
We bought ours in march and by may i had a similar experience. I pulled into a fast food place smelled a burning chemical type smell like fried wire. After that nothing, no hot or cold or any air blowing. We since changed the blower motor and resistor and still nothing. Since it seems like as soon as you say what vehicle it is people assume you're rich, which isn't the case. Oklahoma has HOT ASS SUMMERS so when it comes to going anywhere i perfer to leave the little ones due to the heat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys. yeah I had a similar shitty experience when I was in Singapore this spring. I rented a car at the renting agency for a few weeks and in about two days I had felt that horrible smell of burned chemicals and then the whole system shut down. I couldn't drive with an AC since it's hot and humid in Singapore. i went to the renting agency and they said that I should get the car checked at a garage that is partnered up with a company that provide air conditioning servicing (like installing ACs and repairing them). I did and the fixed the whole issue in a few days. So thank god for that

·
Registered
1 Posts
Woah, the chemical maybe a freon leakage? Did it smell really bad or does it have any colour? I think you should immediately bring it in for servicing or repair. The refrigerant may have leaked and those chemicals can cause health issues. I have had a friend with this problem and he had some breathing difficulties after an incident like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had an issue with my AC suddenly stop working as well, but initially there wasn't any chemical smell. It was only when I ignored it for too long that the chemical smell started emitting. Did you ignore the issue for too long? I know I made a mistake of not going to an air con servicing company and it cost me a whole lot more to replace the entire air con unit in my car. I went to subcool.sg to get some air con serviceman to help me look at the issue and they said the freon was leaking till the extent that it could not be solved anymore. I hope you consult a professional soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts