RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the new 2013 Range Rover HSE fully loaded, traded in a 2008 Range Rover Supercharged. Much improved model in so many ways. Here's a list of my likes and dislikes. Overall it's a great truck

• Weight savings, Reverse traffic detection, Panoramic roof, Terrain response, Great seat cooling, Rear seat heat and cool, Heated wood and leather steering wheel, Intelligent braking, Adaptive Cruise control, Better voice control, Blind spot monitoring, Good sound system, Auto recirculation, Variable auto air flow, Surround camera system, Park Assist, Seat massage, Soft Closing doors, Auto high beam, Power tailgate
NEUTRAL:
  • touch screen, could be more responsive
DISLIKES
  • Manually adjusted headrests (really disappointed) maybe it's because I have the rear entertainment system, Incomplete driver side mats, Poor rear camera especially at night, Ilogical parking aids should automatically activate at parking speeds, Single CD/DVD slot, No weather display with Sirius, No ambient lighting color change as advertised, Radio shut off with engine shut off, Unable to shuffle music in a flash drive using a folder (say Jazz) with other subfolders in that folder like my 2013 ML550

·
Registered
235 Posts
Great summary. For me, the massage seats are almost silly. Had the same thing on my Bentley. Basically a bar the rolls up and down your back which is more annoying than anything else. Soft close doors take some getting used to for me and not really sure I get the purpose except for now when I shut the doors on my other car, I almost always don't slam it closed and the door stays open!

For me the ride is great but I'm starting to think they overengineered the soft touch screen system (by the way, there's an adjustment for sensitivity)...the whole system is almost TOO technical and I hate have to go throu 2-3 screen navigations just to heat my seats or for climate control...reminiscent of BMW's iDrive system some years ago. Love my heated steering wheel though!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great summary. For me, the massage seats are almost silly. Had the same thing on my Bentley. Basically a bar the rolls up and down your back which is more annoying than anything else. Soft close doors take some getting used to for me and not really sure I get the purpose except for now when I shut the doors on my other car, I almost always don't slam it closed and the door stays open!

For me the ride is great but I'm starting to think they overengineered the soft touch screen system (by the way, there's an adjustment for sensitivity)...the whole system is almost TOO technical and I hate have to go throu 2-3 screen navigations just to heat my seats or for climate control...reminiscent of BMW's iDrive system some years ago. Love my heated steering wheel though!
I had to laugh on the massagers. We have them in our AMG and I love them and wife has your reaction. In the Rover, they go up even further, so I like even more and I am sure she will like less.

As for the door closers, just have a couple kids that can never seem to close the door all the way and the reasoning becomes very clear.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I agree the massage seats are silly. We can make do without it. The heating and cooling takes too many button presses. Honestly I wish they added a few extra buttons for the heated seats.

I also agree the parking distance assist is bit lacking. I would expect it to active on low speeds but instead you have to manually enable it if not in reverse.

As for the soft-close doors, I think it's pretty good. It works great when people don't close the door enough though I can no longer leave the door ajar to indicate to guests the door is open.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I agree the massage seats are silly. We can make do without it. The heating and cooling takes too many button presses. Honestly I wish they added a few extra buttons for the heated seats.

I also agree the parking distance assist is bit lacking. I would expect it to active on low speeds but instead you have to manually enable it if not in reverse.

As for the soft-close doors, I think it's pretty good. It works great when people don't close the door enough though I can no longer leave the door ajar to indicate to guests the door is open.
I agree on extra buttons for heated seats. The other thing I've recently learned on the heated seats is that there's a fan under each of the seats for cooling and heating which makes them very efficient, but for me, also too hot even on the lowest setting. I feel like someone dropped a blowtorch on my back when that thing is on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts