RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I recently purchased a 2013 RR HSE and there were no headphones included. I have tried bluetooth headphones, RF headphones and IR headphones and nothing works. Has anyone gotten aftermarket replacement headphones for a 2013 or later full sized rover?
Is there any way to make regular (plugged) headphones work?
Does anyone know what type of headphones the 2013 uses (bluetooth, IR, RF)?
I contacted my dealer and even they are not sure what type of headphone is used. They said it isn't specified. They gave me a part# of LR096498. It looks like this may be for the Sport, however, and I have the full sized HSE, not the Sport.
Any info would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I believe that they are IR. Interestingly, they are identical to the ones in my wife's Escalade. I have not tried to see if they work in both vehicles. Don't know if this helps, but it may give you some ideas.
Steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve! What year is your wife's Escalade? Are the headphones in her Escalade the Whitefire headphones? Appreciate your response above :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wanted to throw out an update for anyone reading this thread. I tried two sets of the Escalade headphones and they didn't work. They are the same headphones for sure but it must be a different frequency cause there is no sound at all.
I bought the Range Rover headphones (part # LR096498 ) and they worked right off the bat so definitely there is something about the frequency for Range Rover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you use wired headphones?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure, it would be great if we could. I am ordering an rca male to stereo female connector. Will update once I try it to let you know if it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts