RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I have Range rover L405 Autobiography (2013) and after 98,000kms I started to have several problems such as,

- Cold startup vibration
- Reduced performance (5.0 Supercharged) from 60 till 160km takes more time then usual.
- Steering suppose to be very smooth and it suddenly became normal steering same as other cars. ( Since its electrical suppose to be smooth even if the car is on 0km)

Dealer couldn't solve this problem out and they keep saying everything seems to be normal! I Have done some tests and found it that I get misfire of cylinder 5 + 6 it used to be 4 + 5 + 6

Any one had this problem can help me out on how can I get these problem's fixed ? Please note that the dealer replaced injectors, coils, spark plugs

And I have been told thats since almost everything been replaced then definitely ECU should be replaced

Best regards

·
Registered
389 Posts
I understood that engine is one of the most reliable things on this car..seems like....ecu could be it.

Did you get it new? With extreme hot weather in UAE I wonder how it's been holding up?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
No likely to be an ECU, they are pretty bullet proof and would show more than a misfire. You already know you have misfires, this would be your cold vibration issue as well as triggering the reduced performance. Are they not actually pulling the codes? If so what are they? SO far it sounds like they are just tossing parts at it to gain warranty income.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, The dealer have spoke to me and the fault code that they get that ECU is cutting the petrol from cylinder 5 + 6 so they send an email to UK Land rover and they asked for checking the fuel pump and other stuff , For now they are going to replace the coils and new spark plugs but they already replaced the spark plugs before 3 weeks ! and now they are trying to arrange me another car and they are going to open the left Cylinder head I Believe

Its seems like the Dealer doesn't know how to fix the car ! and it might be the last step they will do is going to give me a new car instead of keep changing new parts and the car since they still didn't know how to solve the main problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts