RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 and/or 2014 Range Rover winged headrests w/out the entertainment package

Hello everyone. New to RR.net. I just bought a 2014 Range Rover and wondered if anyone knows how to obtain the winged headrests? I would like to switch my current headrests out for the winged headrests but I do not want the entertainment package. I understand that the winged headrests without the entertainment package are in the European models but I can't seem to find those headrests. Any help would be greatly appreciated. - thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
Re: 2013 and/or 2014 Range Rover winged headrests w/out the entertainment package

Any pictures of them?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 2013 and/or 2014 Range Rover winged headrests w/out the entertainment package

The only pics I would have is what is online. The US models have the entertainment screens in the back.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
201 Posts

Hello everyone. New to RR.net. I just bought a 2014 Range Rover and wondered if anyone knows how to obtain the winged headrests? I would like to switch my current headrests out for the winged headrests but I do not want the entertainment package. I understand that the winged headrests without the entertainment package are in the European models but I can't seem to find those headrests. Any help would be greatly appreciated. - thanks in advance.
I asked the same question in the thread: head restraints.
At that time one contributor to the thread had indeed got the winged headrests without the rear entertainment, however all my research has indicated that they have never been available as stand alone in US spec.
How his slipped through, I have no idea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I have someone from Britcar that is looking for me. If he can get them, I will reply with the information. I assume I can just take my headrests out and insert the winged ones.

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

awesome!! Thank you sir. I just emailed Dan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Yep, I will post the US prices all all details "if" I can get them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hi everyone, the part number for the 2014 HSE winged headrests w/out the entertainment is LR046033. But it ranges from £349.00 - £305.00 per unit so you can be looking at $2K to $1,800 US dollars (give or take) for 4 of them. Hmmm.....maybe my current headrests are so bad. I think I'm going to hold off a bit.:?

·
Premium Member
906 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts

The middle part is soft and fixed while you can move the sides out to cushion around your head... hence the winged part. Personally I wouldn't miss it.
I figured. Just couldn't tell from the pictures on the UK site or a link to them in the option builder.

Just like airplane first glass seats.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Hi everyone, the part number for the 2014 HSE winged headrests w/out the entertainment is LR046033. But it ranges from £349.00 - £305.00 per unit so you can be looking at $2K to $1,800 US dollars (give or take) for 4 of them. Hmmm.....maybe my current headrests are so bad. I think I'm going to hold off a bit.:?
I'm thinking I need just 1 for the front passenger seat. I don't see a need for one for the driver. Unless they would look grossly mismatched?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

They look very different. If anything, get 2 for both the front seats if not all 4.

·
Registered
201 Posts

To add to the confusion I found the following listing on eBay for a 2013 RR HSE and from the pix one can clearly see the winged head restraints and no rear entertainment so clearly some early examples were imported to the US with no mention in the specs.
This particular example has a manufactured date of 04/13, which was well into the 2013 MY.
It would be helpful if a dealer or corporate contact would comment (rather than an owner just speculate) as to why this specification was dropped

LINK : http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=151103691263&cmd=VIDESC

·
Registered
127 Posts

That ebay listing is strange -- It seems to have the 4-zone climate control because the picture of the rear seat controls shows three dials and two temperature displays, just like our 2013 RRSC with 4-zone. But the pictures also show grab handles for the rear seats and they definitely weren't available when you got 4-zone. The grab handles were added along with 4-zone for 2014. So perhaps the ebay listing is actually a 2014?

Our 2013 RRSC with 4-zone has winged headrests for the rear seats (I posted pictures in an earlier thread). Are you saying that other 2013 and 2014 RRs with 4-zone do not come with winged headrests? We picked up our RR in January and had it ordered from the very beginning, i.e. not launch edition but one of the early 2013 arrivals.

·
Registered
201 Posts

Even though the eBay listing has the rear a/c controls I think it is only the standard 3-zone ...not only the lack of rear roof vents but also the lower level grills on the inside rear wheel well on each side of the seat cushions are absent. If those items were there I would say 4-zone.
With regard to the year, I don't think the 2014 specs were being assembled as early as April 2013.
As others have noted, for the US 2014 spec, winged headrests only come with rear entertainment.
My suspicion is that the winged headrests may have been part of some 2013 package, no longer available.
Can any 2013 owners check their order sheets?

·
Registered
27 Posts

Hey NYRR , did you ever get the winged headrests? How do they look without the DVD screen? Are they the same size as the winged with the DVD screen? I hope so. Have emailed Dan Duckworth, haven't heard back yet...
CaSport---was it normal to take a couple days to get a response from Dan?

·
Banned
901 Posts

wouldn't it just be easier to get the RSE?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts