Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had not driven it for a week and when I backed out of my driveway, Car won't pull forward. I have tried restarting multiple times

It shows PARKING brake on first and when I turn it off then it shows "TRANSMISSION FAULT"

Any ideas?

·
Registered
31 Posts
This may be a long shot, but it could be the linkage adjustment on the transmission. Your gear shifter says it's in drive, but the transmission linkage may be slightly out of adjustment and the transmission is actually in neutral.

I have a similar issue when I go into park sometimes and the key won't release, because the park doesn't register in the transmission. If I put it in drive and slam it hard into part a few times it eventually works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This may be a long shot, but it could be the linkage adjustment on the transmission. Your gear shifter says it's in drive, but the transmission linkage may be slightly out of adjustment and the transmission is actually in neutral.

I have a similar issue when I go into park sometimes and the key won't release, because the park doesn't register in the transmission. If I put it in drive and slam it hard into part a few times it eventually works.
Yes, I had to call AAA but it worked immediately after the tow truck showed up. Very strange and annoying issue.

·
Registered
2008 Range Rover Sport HSE
4 Posts
it sounds as a probable low voltage problem, battery terminals, bad battery, ... RR are known for being very sensitive to changes (low) in voltage and those trouble codes/lights come into the dash very often. Before moving anything else check battery voltage and terminals...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it sounds as a probable low voltage problem, battery terminals, bad battery, ... RR are known for being very sensitive to changes (low) in voltage and those trouble codes/lights come into the dash very often. Before moving anything else check battery voltage and terminals...
How would I check battery voltage?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts