RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything lately regarding a re-design for the 2012 RRS? All I'ver heard about is the hybrid model coming out on 2012.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Although it's only speculation right now (see http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new ... -luxo-4x4/ as an example), personally I think 2012 - meaning the model year introduced a year from now - would be too early for a complete redesign of the RRS, which underwent a pretty thorough midlife facelift just a year ago... My guess is that a new platform RRS will not happen until 2013 or 2014, along with the full size Range - which may even come sooner since it's been around the longest... A hybrid? On a new and lighter platform, sure. But I don't think that's around the corner, either.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm buying a 2011 RRS and told my dealer I would never purchase anything from them again if they lied about a 2012 RRS major change. With that said, the manager told me that we're several years off from a new RRS (although the hybrid is a possibility as a mid-cycle refresh with no substantial other changes) but will probably see a new FFRR sooner rather than later (he said to expect it at least a year before a new RRS).

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
MiamiMan said:
Has anyone heard anything lately regarding a re-design for the 2012 RRS? All I'ver heard about is the hybrid model coming out on 2012.
Got to believe any significant redesign is a long way out............extra models like hybrids notwithstanding. The old man tells me that he read Jag has been testing a kinetic energy hybrid system - now that would be pretty cool, it would keep the green brigade happy whilst going even faster.....hehehe `)

Megan

·
Registered
282 Posts
possessed007 said:
I picked up my 2011 2 weeks ago and my dealer told me new model will be in 2014-2015
Congrats, and I think we all seem to agree - probably 2015 model in 2014, with a hybrid or refresh or something coming in 2013 possibly.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Went to my sales guy while I was in for my 30k service. He told me not to expect a sport redesign anytime soon, but the new full size rover will be out in 2012. dont know if that is MY12 or 2012 (MY13) he also said that it will be a significant change.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Talking to my sales guy a couple of weeks ago he did mention redesign, but not as far as stying goes. From what he told me is that LR is working to lighten the sport by 1100 lbs by going to an aluminum frame and some of the body panels are supposed to be aluminum as well. The 510 hp motor supposedly stays but with 1100 lbs of weight it should be a nice power increase.

·
Registered
282 Posts
madherm said:
Talking to my sales guy a couple of weeks ago he did mention redesign, but not as far as stying goes. From what he told me is that LR is working to lighten the sport by 1100 lbs by going to an aluminum frame and some of the body panels are supposed to be aluminum as well. The 510 hp motor supposedly stays but with 1100 lbs of weight it should be a nice power increase.
From what I understand, that will be the 2013/2014 model of the Sport.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
madherm said:
LR is working to lighten the sport by 1100 lbs
About time! Maybe they could also start looking into some other revolutionary ideas like gauges that can be read during daytime and horn buttons @ the center of the steering wheel?

·
Registered
55 Posts
About time! Maybe they could also start looking into some other revolutionary ideas like gauges that can be read during daytime and horn buttons @ the center of the steering wheel?
Wow slow down. We don't want to move into the 21st century all at once. Baby steps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, whatever they change as long as it can be out fitted with:

1) 18" rims
2) Winch
3) Snorkel

...it will be fine. If it can't, then we've got some serious issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts