RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Having the usual “water in the footwell” problems and at a pivotal point. The problem is looking like the Bonded windscreen.
My question is....... how can you tell if the windscreen as been replaced in the past?
My mechanic thinks the adhesive as a break and is leaking.
The Land Rover screen ID plate shows at the bottom the numbers. ( ..12 ), which to me means year 2012 ?? If so does that mean that it was made in 2012, or fitted in 2012, or both? If it’s the original screen I can’t see that it would suddenly start leaking through hardened adhesive.
Any thoughts guys before we rip the screen out.

Cheers G

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
891 Posts
While possible the leak is unlikely to be the windscreen - the RRS has a problem with lack of sealing on the windscreen pillars and when it rains water goes through the holes and down into the footwells. There is a LR advisory on this. Basically with the windscreen pillar out covering removed you tape up the holes and where the outer covering fitting go into the pillar you put sealant around these points. I would check this first before pulling your windscreen out to check its sealing.

I have had 3 windscreen replacements in the last 10 years and never had the windscreen leak but have had the pillars leaking. If you do pull the windscreen make sure you get new clips for the outer pillar covering and seal the holes with tape and sealant when reinstalling.

Garry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...my indie as had the inside A pillar trim off, no water visible. I’ll ask him about the outer trim. It’s a 2012 model and that problem was resolved by LR I think. Cheers

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
891 Posts
Its got nothing to do with the inner trim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts