RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -- I am new to the forum and an ex-mechanic. I have done all sorts of wiring in my history and fully understand the interworking of trailer brakes and vehicle electrical. My question comes down to the 2012 RRS. I have purchased the RR VPLST0016 and pulled the interior panel off and the brake light as instructed. the couple of documents/videos that I looked up indicated that the old tail light harness would be unplugged from the truck and the VPLST harness could be plugged in, in its place and then of course the number cover removal etc etc...

The issue is where the old tail light harness would disconnect from inside, is not there. it wires directly into the loom and disappears into the abyss. I have not been able to find any documents for forums or anything indicating that I am doing something wrong.

Has anyone seen this? Do I have a model that does not support the harness quick installation? Would really like to hook up my trailer and use it.

Thanks to anyone who has the knowledge.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,469 Posts
Post pics of what your setup is...sounds like someone may have installed after market lights and just did wire to wire splicing instead of the stock connectors?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did this on my 2006, it was pretty straightforward. You did pull the left hand side panel from the rear cargo area as well as the left tail light right?

Bunk

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
159 Posts
2012 and 2013 have the module already installed. You purchased the harness for the 2010-2011 sport. The harness you should have purchased is VPLST0072. It plugs in on the left side behind the bumper, all the other wiring is already installed...

I just did this with an aftermarket 7 and 4 way on my 2013 for 25$. Here is the link to the breakdown on the wiring.

https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/9-range-rover-sport-l320/327042-2013-sport-trailer-wiring.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts