RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I had to open manually my 2012 RR Sport 3 times manually in the last month due a battery problem in the key.
When I open the remote and change the battery, then the car will start again, and the computer shows temperature back in Celsius and the clock is back at 12:00...
This problem is with both remotes that we have and both remotes loose battery voltage in a week (...at least, I thought was the battery voltage).
The funny things happen yesterday and I decide to keep the "old" battery and went home, I checked with the Voltmeter and the battery was fine (3.1 volts reading).
Can it be some fail contacts in the remote? and how is possible it happen in both remotes?

This is very frustrating, any help will be appreciated.

Sal

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just a shot in the dark, but how close are you keeping the keys to the RR when parked? I have no idea if the RRs are similar, but my mother's Lexus seemed to drain batteries on both the key and the car when she left the keys in the mudroom just inside the garage door. Turns out the key was constantly communicating with the car.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I responded to this earlier today, don't know what happened to my post.

No idea if this applies to the RR key system, but my mom's new Lexus had battery problems with both the key and the car battery. Turns out she was leaving the key in the mud room which is not far from the garage and it had been constantly communicating with the car which drained the batteries.

Could this be a possible issue for you?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts