RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 12 Range Rover Sport Non supercharged is coming up on 110k miles now.
What big maintenance repairs should I prepare for as the car is coming up on this mileage now?
I hear some slight ticking now so I am guessing the timing chain repair is coming up soon. What else are common issues with cars of this age?
What is the average air suspension longevity?
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
12 Posts
there's a chart, you can google, says service intervals and what's recommended

108k miles on a '12 in a lot. not sure if you currently put in that kind of miles. unless you are a handy man and can do most repairs yourself, i'd recommend trading it in. very few make it to 110k without issues...these just aren't made for the long term.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
i'd recommend trading it in. very few make it to 110k without issues...these just aren't made for the long term.
I whole heartedly disagree. These will run well past 100k miles as long as they are maintained properly.

OP, at your mileage, I would do a transmission fluid change, front/rear diff and transfer case fluid change (should be second time), and spark plugs. Also consider flushing the engine coolant, and brake fluid flush. That should cover it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I whole heartedly disagree. These will run well past 100k miles as long as they are maintained properly.

OP, at your mileage, I would do a transmission fluid change, front/rear diff and transfer case fluid change (should be second time), and spark plugs. Also consider flushing the engine coolant, and brake fluid flush. That should cover it.
Thank you
I have already done all of these things recently.

Are there any significant parts that have a high rate of failure?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Water pump. And front lower control arm bushings wear out every 30-40k miles (depending on driving).

·
Registered
480 Posts
What would be useful is to know what work you have had done in the last couple of years. Pad and rotors good? Fuel filter renewed? Tires? The fluid changes have been done: these I had done on my 08 at 60K -- so you are ok. Radiator flush, too? Then just follow the schedule in your owners manual. The noise you hear is likely the fuel pump -- they are noisy. But setting aside some funds timing gear is probably a good plan.

The salesman who sold me my LR3s and the 08 RRS/SC bought an LR3 off his lot with over 100k miles and drove it another !00k with only maintenance issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts