Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have searched high & low and I have not found anything online that addresses my problem! Posting this to see if anyone has had similar problems/ideas or solutions before I take it to the shop. I drive a 2012 Range Rover Sport HSE. The car will not lock when i click the key fob lock button. However I know it is not the key fob. For instance, say I didn’t press the key fob lock button, when I used to walk away from the car with the keys in my pocket the car would automatically lock. The car does not automatically lock when I walk away. The car DOES lock when i am inside and manually press the lock button inside as well as when i drive away it locks. It doesn’t lock when i press the key fob or automatically lock when i walk away. I thought this was because of my battery because i hadn’t gotten it changed in two years. About two weeks into my car not locking my battery died! Great, so i got my battery replaced and the problem still wasn’t solved.. so i don’t think this is related to my battery. Im hoping it’s something simple, a faulty sensor...etc. Any tips, comments are welcome! Please respond, i just want to see if anyone has had anything similar before i take it to the shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I am having a similar issue with my 2012 Range Rover Supercharged; will take it to the shop in a few weeks. If you find a solution let me know and I will do the same when I return home.

·
Registered
2012 SDV6 RRS Santorini Black
55 Posts
There are a few cases in which the car won't lock with the key fob, one of which happened to me and really annoyed me:

The bonnet (or hood for you) was closed, but the latch didn't quite move into the right position, so the car thought it was open and wouldn't lock for safety reasons. Might not be your case, but open it, give it a bit of grease if it feels tight and slam it shut then try again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts