RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom just picked up a 2012 RRS and the ipod integration in hers hasn't been working very well. It connects and I can play songs but after awhile (30 seconds to 5 minutes) the sound cuts out but the song timer is still counting up. I have to disconnect and reconnect to get the sound to come back. All I have to test the system with is an iphone 4 so I'm wondering if it's an issue with the phone or the car itself. Bluetooth streaming and SAT radio all work fine. I've also tried reinstalling the software on the iphone and I've tried a bunch of different USB cables but I keep getting the same problem.

And can anyone with the premium logic 7 chime in on their subwoofer? It's incredibly rattle-y in the new truck even on lower volumes.

Also does anyone know where they hid the extra speakers in the premium system? There should be 17 but I can only count 13 plus subwoofer like in my 2011.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up a new Supercharged RR Sport yesterday. At first there was a little static in the sound. I tried three ipods and three cables, same problem. Now, the system won't control the iPod, but only play the last song that it was on. Restarting the car and ipod did not help.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
335 Posts
yikes. i am looking to buy a 2012 for the new audio system and bluetooth audio streaming. i hope this isn't an ongoing issue with several RRS 2012. anyone else have this issue?!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured it out. It's a bug with IOS 5. Basically the phone will switch over to bluetooth audio automatically even when connected through the dock connector. Solution is to wait for an update from apple or turn off bluetooth.

Still looking for opinions/experience on my subwoofer issue.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
206 Posts
I haven't used my iPhone 4 for music but have used an iPod Nano. I have had no issues using the iPod Nano using the UBS connection on my 2012 RRS.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm having a slightly different problem with 2012.
When I play the iPod via the usb connector, I get a lot of 'pops' (almost like static), but worse, the sound gets distorted, as if it was compressing and expanding (for those of us old enough to remember -it is like a cassette tape that has been stretched out).
I've tried 3 different iPods (nano gen4, nano gen5 and classic gen3) and 3 different cables (2 apple,1 generic).
I've even tried manipulating the internal cable (runs from the connector in the cover down into the console) to see if it was loose.

Has anyone else encountered this?
Any thought on what might cause it ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same problem on my new 2012 RRS. The iPhone plays for about 20-30 seconds and then cuts out.

I might try my nano separately and see if that works instead of the phone...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use my iPhone 4 for music via bluetooth and it works great. When i get out it shuts off and when I get back in the RRS it picks back up where it left off. Really cool except when my wife and I both have our iphones on bluetooth then I have issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah now that I messed around with it, no need to bother plugging the phone in. The bluetooth works great - both with the iPod on the iPhone and Pandora...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am intermittently seeing the issue with it playing (song progressing) but no audio. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it usually fixes it. Bluetooth is working fine, but the audio quality is not as good as when you use the cable and I like to charge the iPhone 4S up when I am on a long trip.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmmmh. Just picked up a brand new Supercharged with Logic7. Same iPhone issues as described here, it goes quiet after 40 seconds.

What's just as annoying is that the sound quality is frankly crap, especially compared to last year's Logic7 model.
- No sound pressure. Sounds hollow. The 2011 model was much richer and fuller
- Subwoofer that's not producing much but starts to rattle at low volume. Also sounds like it is delayed
- Lack of dynamic range.

Someone PLEASE tell me it's just the speaker being run-in and that it will get better. Please.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmmmh. Just picked up a brand new Supercharged with Logic7. Same iPhone issues as described here, it goes quiet after 40 seconds.

What's just as annoying is that the sound quality is frankly crap, especially compared to last year's Logic7 model.
- No sound pressure. Sounds hollow. The 2011 model was much richer and fuller
- Subwoofer that's not producing much but starts to rattle at low volume. Also sounds like it is delayed
- Lack of dynamic range.

Someone PLEASE tell me it's just the speaker being run-in and that it will get better. Please.
Use the bluetooth connection for iPod, that works best. Otherwise you will have to plug in the phone and disable bluetooth, which then disables it for phone usage through the car.

Also I'm on board with you for the sound quality. I think it sucks honestly. My 335i had a stock 500 watt system and sounded a hell of a lot better. I cant believe there is only a bass, treble and sub option?!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts