RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I didn't get to make a "live" feed with pics this year, but hopefully this makes up for it. Featuring our very own mark511 and yours truly!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Re: 2012 Land Rover National Rally - Moab - Poison Spider video

Nice 3E! Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

p.s. just choose the "film" icon---it says "insert video" when you mouse over it

·
Registered
417 Posts

awesome!! some of that looked pretty scary too:shock:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

Loved it! Sorry I missed it 3E. My, how quickly kids grow, don't they?

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

lol, thanks goose, I was trying too hard!

I'm running the Cooper LTZs (285/60) and Mark is running the BFG KOs (265/65), both on LR3 18" wheels, but different styles.

Man Umberto, you said it.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts

I think I'll stick to the pavement. Scarier than watching the Redskins in the fourth quarter!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,482 Posts

Simply awesome Eric! Great stuff there...enjoyed the Waylon Jennings intro all the way to the end...looks like you guys had a super time!

·
Registered
75 Posts

awesome video! still would have preferred it without the soundtrack, but hey, not my video. looked like it was good fun - props to you for putting your rig through its paces and making a video.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Simply awesome Eric! Great stuff there...enjoyed the Waylon Jennings intro all the way to the end...looks like you guys had a super time!
Yeah man, we missed you. Funny thing, I let the boys watch some choice scenes from the Dukes of Hazzard a couple of weeks ago (man did that bring back some memories) so I had it fresh in my mind. I can't believe we've missed each other 3 times in Moab now. :shock:

awesome video! still would have preferred it without the soundtrack, but hey, not my video. looked like it was good fun - props to you for putting your rig through its paces and making a video.
Thanks for the feedback, I know music is a whole animal on its own. Could you tell me though (not being condescending here) what about it did you not like? The aggressiveness or slowness of some songs, the content, language, just the artist? Was there anything you did like? I'm trying to make a video of Hell's Revenge next, but waiting for some footage from others, so this could help.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,482 Posts

Yeah...every time I'm in Moab, you're stuck at work...now I'm stuck at work and you're in Moab!

I might head that way again over Xmas/New Year's...Moab in the Wintertime is great fun, even though you can't do all the trails, but it's beautiful scenery when covered in snow.

We'll see...maybe another long trek up to Yellowstone/Sun Valley again...if I'm in the neighborhood (within 500 miles :) ), I'll let you know!

·
Registered
75 Posts

I would have preferred no music at all, but if you must dress it up just put the music on at the beginning or the closing credits. people will enjoy your video for its content, not its effects. I think most would rather hear the mechanical sounds coming out of the cars to understand what they're witnessing. people can hear music anywhere - if they want, they could mute your video and listen to their ipod. just my 2 cents. it's still a great video, so thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts

I would have preferred no music at all, but if you must dress it up just put the music on at the beginning or the closing credits. people will enjoy your video for its content, not its effects. I think most would rather hear the mechanical sounds coming out of the cars to understand what they're witnessing. people can hear music anywhere - if they want, they could mute your video and listen to their ipod. just my 2 cents. it's still a great video, so thanks!
LOL... I think it's a great video and it was soooooo much fun being out there with everyone! I learn so much every time I go out. The best part is, I soon realized that the Defender and old Disco guys are as envious of our RRS as we are of their rigs.

BTW, this trip finally shot my control arm bushings. I noticed that polybush offers a "dynamic" bush set for the LR3 vice the "performance" bush set for the RRS; all part numbers on the LR3 dynamic set match the part numbers required for the RRS, minus one. I dont really mind going dynamic all around and using one performance. Has anyone had luck with these?

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Lolololol. Who's that noob talking about you hitting your sliders and being all worried about it?:geek:

That phone takes better quality video than my camcorder...:roll:

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts

really cool video ... looks like a lot of fun ... never can make these events with my work. Nice job on the video for us to drool over

my RRS has been all dressed up and ready to go for the last few years and not had the chance yet...tires, shackles, air pumps, etc ... one day ..one day ...

·
Registered
141 Posts

That phone takes better quality video than my camcorder...
It's the iPhone 5:thumb: I too noticed a big difference between my 5 :clap:, Steven's 3 :smile:, and Joel's Android :!:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,990 Posts

can I bring my escalade hybrid there? it has a selectable 4wd low unlike the regular AWD models.

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

can I bring my escalade hybrid there? it has a selectable 4wd low unlike the regular AWD models.
Yes. Please take pictures.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts