RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just picked up a 2012 HSE for a good price as it needs a small amount of work.

On approaching vehicle proximity with fob will open all but rear near side door.

Key fob buttons will open all but near side front and rear doors.

Messing about with the locks, it appears the cable linking the central locking is moving just only slightly, the locking latches, but not enough to throw the locks.

Is it possible the cable may have stretched and could simply be replaced or tightened?

I have searched hi and low and there’s lots of talk of actuator changes, but deep down I’m hoping it’s not as complex as this. Has anyone seen this issue before?

I’ve deactivated double unlock for now as that’s causing even more drama.

Any assistance appreciated.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Try a hard battery reset. Neg cable (CABLE) to positive post for 20 seconds, then retighten cables. Some times there is spurious energy from the capacitors supporting some of the modules.

Next, renew the batteries in the fobs. Instructions in the owner's manual tell you how.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Uhm that "hard reset" procedure above is incorrect. :shock:

To do a hard reset: open the hood, turn off your ignition and wait a good 10 minutes or so for the system to go to sleep. Remove both cables from the battery. Touch the cable together for a few seconds. This dissipates any stored energy in the capacitors for the volatile memory bits throughout the Rover. Reinstall your cables and see if it works.

As far as Dan, he hasn't been on since posting on the 15th.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts