Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Read that whole thread -excellent one. I settled on the 2009, get all excited looked for flights to go and pick it up, but I now think it sold -even though I thought I had "reserved it", still waiting on a response from dealer so not looking good.

The 2012 has 85k and I spoke with the sales guy (who has been excellent) even sent him the TSB which he passed onto to service he said they only do that work if they here the "ticking" noise, so that would be a timing chain gamble. Their quote from 5-8k to do that work.

I think I am scared off of the 2010 later models, unless I buy one with a warranty, similar to the someone who posted on the forums about buying one thru Carmax.

Then I also spoke to our recommended Bay area independent shop "Roverland" and they said they do not do timing chain replacement -since they have seen people have them done spent 5-8k and still had issues after all that work. They said for sure the 2009 has a more reliable engine.

I will update as I have news. Loving this forums excellent source of info.

· Registered
8 Posts
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Range rover Sport utility vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Range rover
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Range rover Sport utility vehicle
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Wheel Spoke
Vehicle Car Steering wheel Sport utility vehicle Range rover

Finally got around to posting the pictures of the new rig. So far running well. Anyone help identifying these wheels? I have not seen them on anything else? Were these standard on 2009 auto biography. The spare is full size but its look like the regular super charged wheel.

1 - 6 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.