RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2012 RRS. It is an Autobiography and that should come with Harmon Kardon 7 system? I was looking for audio settings as I read on here that you can turn that off for just stereo and its a much better sound for music, so I wanted to do that. However, Where other screenshots show an option for HK7 on/off I dont have that in my car, but all the 2012 Autobiographies came with it?? It has all the speakers and sub woofer and everything..

Any ideas why its not there? Are there system updates that can be done on this by meor something?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok. This was Home Screen - Audio Settings. I couldn't see any other routes to an audio option section, but it may well be hidden. I hope that is the situation, thank you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like you're in the right menu. I have to say though, I love the surround and feel it makes all my music sound way way better. To each their own though :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah.. I am! Things have 'developed' since this post. It turns out I was sold an HSE and not an Autobiography. All the adverts and sales documents were for Autobiography and there is also an 'autobiography sport' badge on the back of the car (and also a fridge in centre console - which is something I was looking for on test drive to check).

Luckily I got it from a dealer, so it will be going back.. just got to deal with it all now..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah you can tell for certain because the Autobiography models have certain distinctive features compared to the HSE and Luxury models: The bumpers front and rear are different, the biggest giveaway are the exhaust pipes at the back. Also there are autobiography signatures on the aluminium door trims and above the glovebox (also the autobiography has a solid grill rather than the two-tier that the others have)

Check those things to be 110% sure and then take it back or demand at least a partial return on the amount you paid.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aha right. This car actually has a body kit on it so it would be hard to know what is what in that regards, so I didnt spot anything there. I was looking for a few things and it seemed like it had it, but it doesnt have Logic7, doesnt have remote heat and I dont 'think' it has adaptive cruise (but I havent checked that yet). It's definitely NOT Autobiography though, but its a fairy high spec HSE with a Luxury pack, a body kit and an 'autobiography sport' badge on the back...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yep looks like someone sold you a fauxtobiography model :) I'd slam the dealer for mis-selling. The speaker upgrades are worth it alone, but be warned - remote heating is not a function on the UK models as it is illegal. Adaptive cruise is a bit hit and miss as it sometimes makes you brake quite hard for no reason, must detect something far off that the naked eye cant see. Good luck though!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah exactly! The dealer 'seems' as surprised by it as I have been, so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt on it all and they are playing ball about it all so need need to kick off at them yet. Although they do say that they just 'put the reg into autotrader and that is what came up' which is completely untrue, as I did it myself. Giving them benefit of the doubt they probably saw the badge on the back and thought Autotrader had it wrong, but the log book also says 'HSE', so it is completely on them.

Oh really! No remote heat? Interesting. That is a shame, but glad you told me before I got to another one and got upset because it didnt have it.

The sound system is the big thing for me. ITs the main reason I wanted the Autobiography model as otherwise I might not have bothered. The garage did offer me 1k back for me to keep this one, but even that wouldnt pay for a sound system upgrade that I would want.. so, back it goes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah it's such a shame because everything aside, it's a lovely car! 1k isn't enough in my opinion either, as you say, it wouldn't cover such an extensive modification. It's night and day between surround and stereo though, honestly, music sounds so flat in comparison when you switch to stereo. If I were you, and I say this because it's exactly what I did, I'd go for a HSE Luxury model. You get all the goodies that matter (with the exception of the surround cameras, which was an optional spec anyway) and as you can see, you can make it look exactly like an autobiography model for not much more than a couple of hundred squid.

Whichever you go for though, let me tell you, keeping a blacked out rangie clean is a full time job in itself, be warned! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, it really is a nice car. UNfortunatly, it has had other gremlins in that the passenger door didnt unlock with the remote and the drivers and driver rear door sometimes dont LOCK at all with the remote. So it has had one lock replaced and needs another two. Nothing that cant be done, but with that hassle and now that its not the car I wanted, its just best to send it back I think. No, I dont mind saying I paid 16.5k for this one as Autobiography, and I have seen almost identical HSE luxury one for 14.5k, so it isnt enough, you are right.

I have seen those HSE luxury ones with the Logic 7 in them and they are definitely and options. I have actually seen a really nice Autobiography with 44k miles on the clock and all the gadgets and toys for about the same money as this one, so I think that will be my choice and sometimes these things work out for the best.

Haha yeah!! I have noticed that just in the last 2 weeks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
It doesn't get any easier but I've found if you keep on top of it with a quick wash'n'wax off amazon you can keep it looking nice. Word to the wise though, NEVER take it to an automatic wash. You have been warned!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, that sounds like the plan. Yeah, I wouldn't use those! Only the hand car wash guys. I appreciate the heads up though.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
It doesn't get any easier but I've found if you keep on top of it with a quick wash'n'wax off amazon you can keep it looking nice. Word to the wise though, NEVER take it to an automatic wash. You have been warned!
Sorry to Jump in. But why never take it to an automatic wash?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Buzz, black cars are notorious to keep clean. Because of their deep colour they reflect any imperfections far more than even white (which is also hard to keep clean).

Because automatic car washes generally appeal to the masses, they tend to use very abrasive chemicals, and very rarely swap their used brushes for clean ones, so when you take a black car through it will most likely remove any protective surface you already have on your car and leave you with a streaky uneven finish afterwards.

If you've ever hand-washed a black car you'll know that the final polishing stage can be really annoying because you see every little bit that you've missed. Now think that in an automatic wash, there is no polishing stage other than maybe brushing your car with semi-dry rollers and stuff. When you come out, your black car will look unfinished, so you'll have to polish it yourself. In the end it won't be worth it compared to just handwashing it and doing it right.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
94 Posts
It's possible this car has what is called a silver package. Unlikely for 2012 but in 2013 they offered this to use up the autobiography options without actually calling the car autobiography. My 2013 had this and if you lookup the VIN on TOPIx you can confirm. I basically have everything except the badges and the adaptive cruise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts