Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just wanted to reach out and see if there is any way to find out how many Autobiography models were made for 2012 for the full size L322 model?

Thanks in advance for any help
Cheers

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
We have another AB thread where it was mentioned that JLR specifically declined to release those numbers.

I've found on vindecoderz it gives the individual production number and date by vin. I couldn't tell you if this is just L322s or a sequential number from an overall count.

I have a 7/12 production date MY12 AB which is like unit 88k or something which would seem like a MY12 number and not an overall L322 number.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm not basing this on any reliable data. Just based on my own personal searching and being on constant look out for Autobiography rangies, so take it with a grain of salt.

To me, it appears that 2010-2011 were the heaviest years in AB production. I've just seen more 10's and 11's autobiographies for sale. I've seen some 09's and below, but those are much harder to come by than 10-11's.

Then, in the next level of rarity I think are 2012 autobiographies which are harder to find. All are topped by the rarest which seems to be the 2012 autobiography ultimate. Probably followed closely by the 2011 Autobiography Black (I've only seen two "Black" versions in 2011 cars...a fellow member posted pictures in the thread shared above).

Plus, add to that the fact that apparently somewhere AB's were "normal" orders and some were custom-ordered and received a tag in the engine bay. I'd love to know more details, but as datafoo mentioned, LRJ wasn't very forthcoming with info. Nevertheless, given the total production of L322's...any autobiography is already pretty rare.

Reactions: datafoo

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Then, in the next level of rarity I think are 2012 autobiographies which are harder to find. All are topped by the rarest which seems to be the 2012 autobiography ultimate. Probably followed closely by the 2011 Autobiography Black (I've only seen two "Black" versions in 2011 cars...a fellow member posted pictures in the thread shared above).
For the US I believe the AB was only available with the design pack for 2012 which both changes the taste in buyers and overall cost a bit.

Anecdotally can confirm much of what you've observed. I also believe the age of MY12s just finishing warranty has a lot to do with it. I bet we'll see more 50k miles MY12 ABs in the coming months/years as the extended warranties rum dry.

At first I only saw MY12 ABs, now 6 months after buying mine I notice a lot more MY10s and MY11s for sale, given at the time I was specifically looking for a MY12 AB.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
There were 175 Autobiography Blacks in the US in 2011...the special edition AB.

Reactions: datafoo
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.