RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me to some fairly definitive 0-60 times and 1/4 times for the 2012 RR SC

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
327 Posts
lol, I've smoked many a lambo, ferrari and mcclarens in my car. :)

The RRSC is slow...it's a heavy suv. 0-60 Land Rover clams 5.9 sec. 1/4 mile - 14.5

if you want a fast suv, pick up a Jeep SRT8, build the block and put twin turbo's on it. That should get you in the high 7's or low 8's. Even a stock Jeep SRT8 is running 0-60 in 4.4 sec.

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I guess LR, autoblog, car and driver, motor trend are being conservative because they list it as 5.9 and 14.5.

Either way..the best way to know is to take it to a track and run it...I don't see why you would want to, but if you want real world, actual numbers, that is the best way.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I couldn't see a Jeep SRT8 ever doing under 10, if even 11 second runs. Could be wrong. Build it, big turbo running what, 30psi on 110 octane fuel, those things are heavy enough they'll never do under 10, no?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
There are lots of them running 8's out there...Ive seen so many honda civics running 8's and lower at the track and are street cars...people build regular cars these days and some daily drive them that will smoke 200k+ exotics....that's why I built my vette...so many exotics around here thinking they are the fastest car on the road because of the price tag and don't really know cars. I don't drive american cars but I bought it because I knew I could dump a little money in to it and smoke just about everything on the road on a normal day in a straight line.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yeah I've seen a few 8 second cars myself. Never owned one personally.

Just googled and saw plenty of SRT8 Jeeps running high 8s. WOW! I stand corrected.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
There are lots of them running 8's out there...Ive seen so many honda civics running 8's and lower at the track and are street cars...people build regular cars these days and some daily drive them that will smoke 200k+ exotics....that's why I built my vette...so many exotics around here thinking they are the fastest car on the road because of the price tag and don't really know cars. I don't drive american cars but I bought it because I knew I could dump a little money in to it and smoke just about everything on the road on a normal day in a straight line.
Even if you beat an exotic in your vette you still lose hahah... also 8 second street honda? Do you know what an 8 second 1/4 car looks like? I guess maybe you could take something like that on the street but it wouldn't be legal.

As far as full size SUV's 5sec 0-60 and 13's in the 1/4 is pretty quick. More than enough to jump most cars at a redlight, especially those without AWD haha.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Even if you beat an exotic in your vette you still lose hahah... also 8 second street honda? Do you know what an 8 second 1/4 car looks like? I guess maybe you could take something like that on the street but it wouldn't be legal.

As far as full size SUV's 5sec 0-60 and 13's in the 1/4 is pretty quick. More than enough to jump most cars at a redlight, especially those without AWD haha.

There are lots of 8-10 second cars that are daily drivers in this area...tons of vette owners and GTR's pushing well over 1100hp...during the summer people drive on drag radials or street drags. Most are running michelin cups. Car meets every friday, saturday and sunday in this area. On the way to the meets they always talk about how they get pulled over on the way for being lowered or the modifications...cops really on bother you when there are groups of cars like this heading to one place.

I have only been bothered once but he was a car guy and could hear the whistle of the supercharger and I was being a little loud with the blow off valve releasing a lot of air...He just rolled down his window to ask me about it but didn't bother me, especially since it's 5% tint on the sides, windshield and back.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
GTRs are ridiculous with the type of stuff people do to them and how quick they are on the street with AWD. An old friend owns a local shop (kaizen tuning) and the GTRs they build there are just stupid fast. The fast hondas around here are basically trailer queens, maybe it's because of our garbage roads. Question, how do you make BOV noise with a supercharger? Centrifugal? Post pics of this vette sounds cool. All I know is I've got a 10 seconds cobra and I'm more comfortable jumping someone at a light in the rover than the cobra haha. Again MA roads are pretty bad :(

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here's a few vids of the vette when some asked me to see the difference between the Q and QR. I changed the QR to a TiAL Q BOV. You can hear it when I step on the gas and quickly let off. You only hear it when it's under pressure and I intentionally do it...like if I pull up next to someone with a 911 twin turbo just to let them know, don't try anything..lol.

In this one you can hear the whistle from the supercharger and see the red BOV.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
196 Posts
1; It doesn't really matter
2; Manufacturers lie , a lot!

A Nissan Patrol( yeh I know) has similar power and weight yet claims to be the best part of 2 seconds quicker to 60 than a 4.2 SC , why? they think people will be impressed and buy it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts