RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Supercharged $6500 later still rattling knocking &No AC

I had the typical timing chain tensioner AND supercharger pulley rattle. Indy shop quoted me 5k to do both. When I went to pick it up they said they broke 4 of the fuel injectors and charged me an extra $1200 and said it's whisper quite now...
It's definitely quieter but still sounds like a diesel truck, just not as loud as before. By the way it only has 68k miles. I remember I test drove another one last year before I bought this and it did not sound like a diesel so I feel like something is still not right.
When my foot is on the brake in Drive I feel a little rattle/shaking both under my foot and at the steering wheel, just like it used to do before they did the work. Also the rattle is not consistent.. other than the supercharger rattle that goes away when accelerating.

I'm pretty sure they missed something both in the engine and with the supercharger because I took the supercharger belt off and it still made that sound. Also when I turn off the car I hear a rattle at the supercharger snout which has already been replaced(still has a little bit of play when I take the belt off and try to turn it by hand).
A new problem after I picked it up, the passenger side AC doesn't get cold. Could it be they punctured an AC line when they were working on the engine?

Any advise would be appreciated.
6500 work.jpg

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Re: 2011 Supercharged $6500 later still rattling knocking &N

I don't know about your passenger side AC as if everything else works it's probably a blend door. As for the blower rattle it's probably the snout coupler. Even with a new snout (which doesn't come with a new coupler) fitting the old coupler will result in the same play (sounds like marbles in the blower at idle). I use an upgraded version (green) to replace the stock unit, lasts much longer.

Would also just visually inspect to make sure your ac compressor clutch is doing it's job... Make sure the sound isn't coming from a fouled up bearing or component of the AC.

coup2.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts