RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for adding me to the group.
I have a 2011 Range rover sport supercharged with 75000 miles on it. Vehicle was running great with no issues, warning lights or any indication that something was off. Pulled it into the driveway one evening and next morning, the vehicle would not start. Had a parking brake fault indication that I had never seen before. Vehicle would crank with no start and then sometimes it would briefly start but only for about 2 seconds.
Had the vehicle towed to a dealership where they checked it over and said my oil level indication was below minimum, (something I had never seen, no warnings or lights to indicate that) and that I had good fuel pressure and spark but low compression on one cylinder and was most likely a bad head gaskets, valves or rings. They charged me 780 dollars just for the diagnosis and wanted approx 7000 to tear it down further the check the heads. That price was for the tear down alone, no repair.
Ive rebuilt several engines and am pretty mechanically inclined but I have never heard of an issue like this. I would think even with a bad head gasket or low compression in one cylinder, the vehicle should start.
The vehicle never showed any signs of a head gasket leak and had never been overheated.
Any suggestions
Thanks

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
841 Posts
Whew, that's quite the story. First off I would not go near that Dealer again.
Get a RRS specific code reader. Maybe in your case right now even a generic code reader might suffice.
The readers are very good at pointing you in the right direction.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer supplied me with the codes they read. P0300, P0301, P0307,P0308 and P0316. All engine cylinder misfires. They also stated there was a P00c6 which from the research I found, Indicates a low fuel rail pressure. The dealership measure both the high and low side fuel pressures and said they were within spec. I have a couple generic code readers but didnt figure they would help much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts