RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
15 Posts
I will be picking up a 2011 RRS and want to know which bluetooth adapter has worked the best (iphone 6s plus) for those reading this and wanting the music functionality thru the car and not just phone calls. the cubby box has the usb and ipod connection jacks.
thanks!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
I think you will find that bluetooth music streaming and control is not supported on older models. Remember that bluetooth for phone calls is simple, low bit rate, mono data. high bit rate dual channel bluetooth was simply not possible. unless you go with something after market you are limited to cabled aux USB input.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you don't have the cable, this is what you want to get: https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Integration-Wireless-Bluetooth-interface/dp/B01N9EQ5PW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1516055911&sr=8-7&keywords=bovee+1000+wireless.

If you do have the cable you only need the Bovee unit.

I've had it in my 2011 for 2 years, and it works well. It's not as clean of a use as more modern bluetooth, but for the price its pretty nice. I do get the track and the artist information on the RR display, and depending on the application i can use the steering wheel buttons to advance to the next song or back up to the start of the song. I say depending on the application, because it works well on Pandora and Spotify, and usually works well on the SiriusXM player - for some reason the SiriusXM app will occasionally stop or will be difficult to keep playing - switching to another app and then back usually fixes it.

The biggest annoyance I have with this device is it wants to autoplay the Apple music player on startup - all the time. From what i have researched its an Apple issue, not the Bovee, since it happens with other Bluetooth devices too. Iphones have coding that prioritize their device for autoplay so if you have the RR audio on the Iphone/Aux setting it will usually start up iMusic with the first song in the alphabet - not where you left off weirdly. I don't know why it does this, and it is frustrating, but I've learned to just get in the habit of switching right to the app i want before i take off.

Anyway - its a far better and cheaper solution than anything else I've found, and since I have an Iphone 7 with no headphone jack I can charge my phone and stream music - I wouldn't be able to do that with an aux adapter. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
32 Posts
If you don't have the cable, this is what you want to get: https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Integration-Wireless-Bluetooth-interface/dp/B01N9EQ5PW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1516055911&sr=8-7&keywords=bovee+1000+wireless.

If you do have the cable you only need the Bovee unit.

I've had it in my 2011 for 2 years, and it works well. It's not as clean of a use as more modern bluetooth, but for the price its pretty nice. I do get the track and the artist information on the RR display, and depending on the application i can use the steering wheel buttons to advance to the next song or back up to the start of the song. I say depending on the application, because it works well on Pandora and Spotify, and usually works well on the SiriusXM player - for some reason the SiriusXM app will occasionally stop or will be difficult to keep playing - switching to another app and then back usually fixes it.

The biggest annoyance I have with this device is it wants to autoplay the Apple music player on startup - all the time. From what i have researched its an Apple issue, not the Bovee, since it happens with other Bluetooth devices too. Iphones have coding that prioritize their device for autoplay so if you have the RR audio on the Iphone/Aux setting it will usually start up iMusic with the first song in the alphabet - not where you left off weirdly. I don't know why it does this, and it is frustrating, but I've learned to just get in the habit of switching right to the app i want before i take off.

Anyway - its a far better and cheaper solution than anything else I've found, and since I have an Iphone 7 with no headphone jack I can charge my phone and stream music - I wouldn't be able to do that with an aux adapter. Hope that helps.
a forum user saved me from this annoyance:

There is a fix. There is a song called A a a a very good song that you can buy on itunes, it's something like 10-15 minutes of silence. http://www.stereogum.com/1957739/tha...es-chart/news/

It is awesome.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
I use Tune2Air - it may be the older version of the Bovee. It works great!

My phone is able to pair with the Car bluetooth for phone calls, and also for media to the Tune2Air for music at the same time.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Evoque, 2014 Range Rover Evoque
2 Posts
I was puzzling over this issue and then luckily found this thread. Received my bovee plus connector package from amazon today and was using it within minutes. Performs as described, easy-peasy, just what I needed! Thanks, guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts