Range Rovers Forum banner

2011 - Some details are out

5K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  umbertob 
#1 ·
Some information was released over the weekend in the UK about changes to the upcoming MY2011 Range Rover Sport, and will probably apply to the North American version as well. As expected, after the extensive facelift in 2010, only very minor modifications to the 2011s:

- Hill Start and Gradient Acceleration Control (a refinement of the Terrain Response program), should be standard issue on all trims;
- Some new or replacement colors, allegedly Baltic Blue replacing Buckingham Blue, Fiji White (a brighter white) replacing Alaska, and Siberian Silver (a darker, bluer silver) replacing Zermatt.
- Reshaped rear headrests to meet new safety requirements;
- Oval badges changed to silver/green as opposed to gold/green;

That should be about it, unless some details have been withheld. The other big news - the deletion of the TDV8 diesel engine - only affects markets abroad since we never got a diesel powered Sport here in North America to begin with... Full fat Range Rovers will also receive a Jaguar-styled, pop-up dial selector in place of the traditional shifter on the center console (and shift paddles behind the steering wheel as standard equipment), but apparently the RRS will continue with the good old-fashioned gear shifter for the time being. Also, I thought someone posted here that the Logic7 system, previously standard on every trim here in North America, may become an option or part of a new package or trim in 2011, but don't quote me on that. :wink:

See less See more
#3 ·
You know, I have but one simple request. And that is to have an oil dipstick put back into the 2011. Evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here!

...also I was certain new colors would be called something like Bangalore Blue, Taj Mahal White, etc. I guess we're not there yet.

#6 ·
I think the next Sport will be a whole new model from the ground up (hopefully they will find a way to shed several hundred pounds in the process.) The 2010 is most likely going to be the first and last substantial facelift of the current platform shared with the Disco/LR3 and 4, and I am guessing they will milk it for another 2 or 3 years.

#7 ·
There is also news that a body kit (rumored to be the one pictured below) will become a factory option on all trims for 2011s over in the UK. However, in the past body kits for the RRS offered in Europe (remember the HST?) did not always materialize across the pond, so we will have to wait and see if LR includes this option for North America as well when they officially announce specs in a couple of weeks.

#10 ·
umbertob said:
Also, I thought someone posted here that the Logic7 system, previously standard on every trim here in North America, may become an option or part of a new package or trim in 2011, but don't quote me on that. :wink:
That was I that posted that - from my understanding with my 2011 SC order, the Logic7 is in fact an option package. It may be standard on the Supercharged however, but I won't be entirely sure until I see the price break down or official specs.

kstatenupe said:
Do you think we will get a LCD dash like the Full Size has? I sat in one a few weeks back, and the wheels started turning (in my head). Would love to have that display. Im assuming there isnt an aftermarket solution for this right???
The 2011 (and likely even the following iterations of this facelift) will not get the LCD Dash. Also, I've spoken to almost every high end aftermarket parts manufacturer for the 2010+ models, and no one makes an LCD dash to my knowledge.

umbertob said:
There is also news that a body kit (rumored to be the one pictured below) will become a factory option on all trims for 2011s over in the UK. However, in the past body kits for the RRS offered in Europe (remember the HST?) did not always materialize across the pond, so we will have to wait and see if LR includes this option for North America as well when they officially announce specs in a couple of weeks.
You are correct in a way, as are the others that posted following. The Autobiography kit (and interior) will be offered on all trims for 2011 as a stand-alone option.

#12 ·
ChipN said:
Just remember that those cars with 20 inch rims and the oversize Barabus Brakes are not going to do very well with off roading without modification. You need 19's and can't downsize with those brakes. If you never go off road, no worries.
You sure about that Chip? I thought the "Style 1" 19" Off-road wheel - basically last year's stock 19" 5-V spoke from the HSE - still offered as an option on the 2010 accessories catalog was compatible with both regular HSE and oversized S/C brakes, even the 2010+ version of both. But, I have never been able to get a confirmation of whether that is true, finding someone with a 2010 S/C interested in downsizing to 19" wheels is tough! `) Even across the pond, some say they'll fit, some say they won't. Barabus doesn't ring a bell though, surely you must mean Brembo brakes? :wink:

PS: Found this chart on LRUK's web site: http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/rr/range ... s-options/ Scroll down to "Wheels", it appears the 19" 5-V spoke wheel is a "No Cost Option" on the 2010 V8 Supercharged. So, my guess is that it will fit.

#13 ·
I may stand corrected. I was wondering when there would be the fix for the problem. Just don't go down rocky roads on those 20's. There is not enough sidewall and they just don't make the right off road tires. Expensive mistake for me. I would love to a Diesel, I think it would be a serious off roader with the right Wheels and Tires.

My 09 RRS with 20's was a disaster, my 10 RR with 19's and Goodyear Wranglers will climb a brick wall.

You can get a lot of stuff in the UK that you can't get here, too bad you can't get the 4 door Defender here that you can get Down Under. Than this whole issue would be moot.

#14 ·
kstatenupe said:
Do you think we will get a LCD dash like the Full Size has? I sat in one a few weeks back, and the wheels started turning (in my head). Would love to have that display. Im assuming there isnt an aftermarket solution for this right???
That's a good question... the screen in the big-boy Range that displays Nav to the driver and a DVD or whatever to the passenger is amazing. That would make yet another reason to trade my '06 SC up in a year or two for a '11 or '12.

-TJ

#15 ·
Agreed. More than likely I will be trading in my 09 in 13. If by then, the interior hasn't been updated even more than the 2010's, and we don't have some better bells and whistles, then I may move to the full size. I wouldnt mind an aftermarket setup either. I wonder if Jeff can hook that up.

#16 ·
Forum member ibis1 was very kind in sending me the enclosed North American spec sheet for the 2011 RRS (too large an attachment for him to post directly), thanks for sharing this with us ibis!

No reshaped rear headrests, no modifications to the Terrain Response program that I can see (these features may very well be introduced abroad, but apparently not here in NA on MY11s), and I had most of the new colors wrong. :oops: They will make contrast stitching and extended leather packs standard on HSE Lux and S/C, but will take away a few goodies as well, including the announced deletion of the nice Logic 7 sound system we have all been used to since MY06, now listed as a standalone - and pricey - option on all trims except Autobiography. /:(

Attachments

#17 ·
Just curious, as the level of detail is astounding in the feature list (ie, rear body color applique... yoweee, I'm sold), do the new ones 2010+ not have the console refrigerator anymore or am I just missing that?

#22 ·
AFAIK there's still only one all-terrain GY Wrangler available for 19" wheels, it's the MT/R sized 255/55/19. Great tire for off-roading, tough as nails (only weak spot in this size is the sidewall, or lack thereof), probably overkill as a daily pavement driver though - it's a bit noisy because of its aggressive tread and stiff rubber compound, and it's got a relatively low speed rating because of all that.

#25 ·
Drevs said:
My 20" LTZ's have more sidewall than the Wranglers. Just sayin.
That's true. They increase ground clearance a tiny bit, too. You must be willing to upsize quite a bit from the stock rubber dimensions, though. The 19" MTRs are very similar to the stockers in overall size (spare tire fits better, speedo remains more accurate, no rubbing anywhere, etc.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.