Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

happy holidays and hope everyone had safe holidays......

I just purchased a 2011 sc with 100,000 kms about 2 weeks ago and i have been driving it every day. I am pretty familiar with other rrs sc 2009 and 2010 but it seems like mine spends more gas then the other ones i used to drive ...i drove 400kms or 240 miles on cruise control 95% of the highway. I filled it p before i left and i used jus about 3/4 of a full tank is that normal?...are there any precautions i can use to preserve the gas consumption ... i know that if i can aford a range rover i shouldnt be worried about the fuel but i am just wondering if there is an issue

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
That's about 16 mpg or so, honestly that sounds about right give or take a mile or two, and a lot depends on how fast you were driving, how cold it was, etc.. You will probably average 15-17 mpg with mostly highway driving, 12-14 in an even mix of city and highway, and 10-12 if you are stuck fighting city traffic every day. Gas mileage sucks, no way around it. Stop doing the mpg math as it will drive you crazy :) and ruin your enjoyment of such an amazingly powerful engine making your 3-ton SUV move like a sports car. The gas bill is the price you pay for it (also, big brakes bills...)

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
802 Posts
Mine is a 2010 RRS S/C and that does sound right. Have yet to make the trip from ottawa to Toronto but your mileage sound bang on with what others have noted. Don't forget that a supercharger does add to the fuel consumption.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
802 Posts
Also, don't forget to bring your tires up to 40PSI as it will cut down on rolling resistance. Technicians usually inflate tires to 32-35 PSI which definitely affects mileage.

·
Registered
2011&2014 RRS/sc
234 Posts
Also remember to coast downhills, never pass anyone, wave at all the slow pokes in the fast lane, and never floor it from a stop.....Yeah right!
Boy I wish I was getting 16mpg it's more like 14.2mpg most of the time - unless I'm conscientiously making an effort to barely touch the gas pedal - then it's more like 16.2mpg.
But what's the fun in that?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Evoque
339 Posts
Also, don't forget to bring your tires up to 40PSI as it will cut down on rolling resistance. Technicians usually inflate tires to 32-35 PSI which definitely affects mileage.
I can only add keeping clean air filter will help some.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
20 Posts
I've got an 06 rrs sc, My run to work and home is just over 50 miles, its mainly dual carriage ways so other than the odd round-about I'm sat at 55/65mph I'm averaging 19mpg but that's being pretty light on the throttle. Around town that drops to 14mpg, if I'm rough with it.. well I reset the mpg and then did a standing start pedal to the deck and it was reading 7mpg over a 1/4 mile.
That being said, mine is a 4.2, you're rockin a 5 liter so bound to be a little heavier on the juice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.