RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my search continues. Could this be the one? The only thing missing is rear entertainment.

2011 RR SC with 103K miles

The carfax shows 3 owners. 2nd had it leased for 4 years and drove 10K miles a year
Most recent owner had it between 75k-103K miles, a little less than 2 years driving about 16K miles per year.
He purchased extended warranty, the most significant jobs were:

-Timing chain along with tensioner, guides, tensioner blade, injector kit, cylinder cover, seals, supercharger kit. 6/18 90K miles
-Both fuel pumps and sensor replaced, water pump 6/18 90k Miles
-Replaced front air bags and upper control arms 4/19 102kMiles

My concerns:
During timing chain job, the dealership found a broken timing chain guide bolt. Could this have lead to serious complications?
Current owner is selling the car after less than two years, why sell after you had major repairs done under extended warranty?

One of the work orders mentions a loud buzzing noise as AC fan speed increases. They were unable to duplicate so it was never replaced.
After some research here, it sounds like a blower replacement may be ahead. Could it be something else? If warranty cant be transferred, is this still a good deal at 16.5K?

On one hand Im glad to see all the repairs, but should I also be concerned about the next few years with this car? Properly maintained, how much can I expect out of this car?
Is US Warranty transferable? can anyone tell me what the process is?

Thank you in advance
M

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
The warranty paid for the repairs, so I wouldn't stress the previous owner unloading it due to issues.
I'd say if the bolt was going to cause issues, it would have already
As far as price, depends what they go for around you. I was under the impression that the SC's had everything....So not sure why no RSE

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
left, thanks for your response. Rear Seat Entertainment is one of the few options on SC. Its rare, but apparently some pople dont care for it.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Our '11 has everything, and from my bit of research I did before we updated from the '03, thought they al had everything. Certainly ever SC I looked at did...
Weird

Martin

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is anyone here using US Warranty Corporation for their extended warranty?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Try using the search function. For this section, and the others.
Would be a lot better chance of getting a result than asking about a specific warranty company in one thread.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So here is the most recent update. I agreed on a price with the seller, and purchased the ticket to fly out and pick up the car. All along he assumed that the remainder of current warranty (US warranty) 18 months/30K miles left is not transferable. The day before Im supposed to fly out, he is offering to transfer remainder of the warranty to me for $2800. This certainly makes the entire deal a little less appealing. Considering that the timing chain guides and some of the big ticket items listed above have been done already, should I take the remaining warranty? Thanks in advance
M

·
Registered
405 Posts
FWIW, as nice as OEM rear entertainment is, it's still basically a fifteen-plus-year-old system. Great if it's there (and it works) but, IMHO, not a deal killer if not installed but everything else is fine with the vehicle.

You can always consider adding a pair of tablets stocked with pre-downloaded movies and/or music etc and decent bluetooth earbuds/headsets, which can be obtained for less than $1000 in lieu of the lack of existing OEM rear ICE. Portable too:)

Secondly, IF the heater blower motor/fan needs replacing (due to noise) that's a lot of work to replace (the entire dash and support frame needs to be removed and re-installed rattle free) and could easily add up to $2500-3000 in shop/dealer replacement cost (the OEM fan alone is $4-500 depending on the supplying vendor).

Rob

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rob, I agree. I have since given up on the RES in lieu of well maintained car. He actually had a dealer replace the blower under warranty in the last week or so.

Dlimanov, I actually spoke to the owner of that car. The guy has no idea what maintenance was performed other than brakes and oil. There is no records of timing chain/guides service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts