RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have a Shop Manual, so would someone advise the correct torque setting for the four Torx bolts that secure the Coolant Pump to the Timing Cover. My engine is a 5.0 WITHOUT Supercharger. Thanks much!

usmcfred

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear Freshman Rover, Thank you for your serious and helpful response vs. the first reply I received.

usmcfred

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
The first reply and the second are the same.

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's not a range - that's one torque setting - in newton-meters and in foot-pounds = same torque
Even though I thought Arby's post was funny - I wouldn't then give another vague response as 12 or 9 torque setting
We have to give these new guys a chance here....of course they've searched and scoured the forum before they posted...`)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's not a range - that's one torque setting - in newton-meters and in foot-pounds = same torque
Even though I thought Arby's post was funny - I wouldn't then give another vague response as 12 or 9 torque setting
We have to give these new guys a chance here....of course they've searched and scoured the forum before they posted...`)
Actually, I did use the search feature to try to find the torque specs for the water pump bolts but after 1 1/2 hours of searching, I could not find it, so decided posting was my best option as my pump was making a racket and the leak was increasing. I do appreciate the response in both nm and ft. lbs., not the first reply which was not helpful.

I may be a newbie on this forum however I've been working on my cars for 45 years, so have learned a little over the years.

Thanks again for your assistance ... most appreciated. The new pump is on and working as it should.

usmcfred

·
Registered
231 Posts
I hear you, I've searched many times for info here, knowing that I've seen it here in the past, but it's just too buried in some post.
Wait to you've been on this forum for awhile and some one asks/posts (without any additional vehicle info as well) "What are the different tire options for my rover?" or "Will these wheels fit my rover?" or "My rover is overheating help please!" etc... then you'll see why an occasional sarcastic post is replied.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,458 Posts
It helps to have a sense of humor...I'm sure after 45 years of working on cars, you've developed one, just like the rest of us. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts