RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

As the title suggests, while driving on the highway late last night, the cover of the roof spoiler on my RRS 2011 flew off. The flying spoiler hit guy behind me, but did not realize what happened until both of us got out on first exit to check what happened. Thank God he maintained control of the car and his damage was minor. I was not able to find the part.

I understand this is a known issue (from searching on this and other forums). Seeking feedback / suggestions on how to go about fixing this? I only lost the spoiler cover. Frame, camera and light are still there.

Some posts suggest to replace the whole thing ($1,000 + for part and painting). One post reports that Land Rover corporate fixed it for free (being a known issue).

Any thoughts ? Any one else experienced this ? this is crazy, to say the least, and glad everybody walked away safe.

ESfromNY

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
There are numerous threads on this. It is usually the end result of using automated car washes because the barrel brushes that do the hood roof and rear beat the tar out them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for getting back to me RRToadHall. I do not use automated car wash for cleaning the car; hand wash since purchase. Of course, mind bungling why this happened.

Still not sure on what to do next. Old posts suggest to replace the whole thing which does not make a lot of sense, considering frame and hardware are still intact. I only need the plastic. Thank you. ES

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, had the same thing happen while driving on the highway. I was able to stop and pick up the top piece that flew off. I took the remainder of the spoiler off the back of the car, used a black silicone ATV sealant to reattach the two pieces, and clamped it overnight for a strong bond. This fix has held up well and the $14 tube of adhesive beat the alternative of a new rear spoiler purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts