RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
65,000 miles on it, still waiting to hear if the timing chain has been changed. Other than that, clean car. Any warnings on these? Rover scares me due to high costs. I've been told to avoid anything 2011 or older. Is this true?

Thanks!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,784 Posts
Of course it is not true. Every model of every car made has it's own quirks and issues.

As far as the timing guides have you checked it's VIN again the TSB for guide and chain replacement. You may be worrying for nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am a Rover rookie so I had asked my friend who is the Service Manager for Rover here in town. He said that year is a great year but to find out if the chain had been changed because it can be costly if not. Just wanted to see if anyone had any good or bad experiences with this year/model. Thanks for the insight!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
32 Posts
65,000 miles on it, still waiting to hear if the timing chain has been changed. Other than that, clean car. Any warnings on these? Rover scares me due to high costs. I've been told to avoid anything 2011 or older. Is this true?

Thanks!
I bought my 2011 18 months ago, replaced the water pump system, $700.00.

6 months later needed to replace it again for another 700.00 at another shop as the original one closed after 25 something years.

There was a TSB on these, i'd check to see if it has been replaced yet, these fail a lot.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Your friend should be able to access LRNA records to see what dealer level service (water pump and/or timing chains) have been performed. Usually good independent shops will update CarFax on what they perform which might point you to whom might have done work on the car. Either way, a great vehicle -- hard as a rock once some know issues have checked. But as RT pointed out, all cars have some issues, today, mostly due to parts provided by the OEM suppliers. Days of build issues on LRs (and Jaguars) are (in my experience with these brands) history.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bought my 2011 4 years ago with 25K mls. Now 57K mls and I love it. Had to replace torsion bar front and rear bushings and some other bushings, under warranty. New battery. Car has been great, runs great, drives great.
You have to make sure the car has good tires (im running Michelins) and a good alignment. I bought an extended warranty that has already paid for itself. I have to bring it in for what seems to be a leaking coolant expansion tank as this is the 2nd time in a week the low coolant warning light comes on. I only drive 6K mls/year with it and plan on keeping it for a long time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts