RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 RRS HD radio used to work fine, however, in the menu (turning from HD on/off), I am unable to "turn it on" from the off position. The radio works ok, but I get no HD. I am quite sure that HD radio is/has been available in my area because it was working for almost 3 years.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Jody

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
I don't see a DIY option here, you'll have to have somebody look at it. Could be anything from a loose connection to the head unit just on the way out. Try jiggling, pushing, proding the button. I know it's not much help but options are limited

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
128 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for like 15 minutes? Its not unusual for cars with multiple computers that one (such as the one in the HD radio module) gets its knickers in a knot and won't play nicely anymore until you power cycle everything.
Also Its a known problem with some Jag entertainment systems occasionally not starting up/working properly because your battery has an even slightly low voltage when you turn the ignition on, which happens as car batteries age.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a late reply to this, but I had the exact same issue after buying my 2011 RRS HSE Lux certified from a local rover dealer. If I remember right, it was something with the computer and had to be replaced or the wiring that was bad. I am unsure how much it was meant to cost, as I was within warranty. They definitely had to pull something out though, because it took them a few days to fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts