RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I've searched the forms about tires (275/40/20) for my 2011 RRS HSE Lux, and can't find a really good answer. I've had Conti DWS06 for 40K miles......I have to say in my opinion, these tires have been complete crap and I am looking for new tires.

What I am looking for is an all season tire, which is good in the rain/hydroplaning. Living on the East Coast we have some strange weather, and when it rains, I am currently all over the road with the DWS.

I was looking at the Pirelli P Zero AS tires, and they *appear* like they are highly rated/good in rain/wet weather, but then again so are the tires I currently have (or so the reviews claim).

Any advice you can provide would be helpful (also, I was preferring 275/45/20 for a little more sidewall....thoughts?)

thanks in advance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Folks,

I've searched the forms about tires (275/40/20) for my 2011 RRS HSE Lux, and can't find a really good answer. I've had Conti DWS06 for 40K miles......I have to say in my opinion, these tires have been complete crap and I am looking for new tires.

What I am looking for is an all season tire, which is good in the rain/hydroplaning. Living on the East Coast we have some strange weather, and when it rains, I am currently all over the road with the DWS.

I was looking at the Pirelli P Zero AS tires, and they *appear* like they are highly rated/good in rain/wet weather, but then again so are the tires I currently have (or so the reviews claim).

Any advice you can provide would be helpful (also, I was preferring 275/45/20 for a little more sidewall....thoughts?)

thanks in advance
Interesting. I put on a set of Conti DWS' and found that on certain road surfaces it tends to "hunt" for more optimum places in the road. That sensation has almost disappeared now with about 4K miles. I look forward to seeing other replies...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Been using conti's - extreme contact DWS for over three years now on both rovers 295/40/20 and 285/35/22 -no problems Whatsoever!
Tires have been great! Of course they are not as good a dedicated snows in the winters here in CO but no complaints....
Nice quiet tire - great in the rain/dry & ok in the snow (turns in slush-snow could be better) but not bad for all-seasons
You might actually need an alignment or re-alignment depending on who did the procedure -
Its very hard to get this correct with way to many adjustments available at each corner - not to mention the rover's adjustable suspension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts