RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. This is my first post and hoping someone else has had the same issue and can direct me to a fix since dealer can’t figure it out.
I have a 2011 RR HSE LUX with 29,000 miles. The problem is I get a “ Low Battery” error message on the dash screen every week or two even though there doesn’t seem to be a problem with it. It has done this ever since I got the car three years ago with 16,000 miles. The dealer replaced the battery and said there was nothing wrong yet I continue to get the error message.
I also have issue with the backup camera. I get error message that camera isn’t working but then it will start working again next time I start the car. Then a few days later it will do the same thing.
Other than that the car has been great. It’s my second Rover. I also had an 07 Sport and it never had any problems either.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
"Low Battery" message usually refers to the remote you are using, not the main battery in your Rover. If you have two working remotes they should be rotated occasionally. With such low mileage your poor Rover needs to get out and stretch. :mrgreen: I don;t recall when ignition switch coil charging was used for keeping remotes charged up. Either the old girl is not driven enough to keep the keys charged or you need new remote batteries. Sorry my memory is fuzzy on the model years for each scenario. I'm sure someone will pop on shortly with clarification.

If this were your main battery your "generator"/alternator light would be on and you would have a world of false error messages, misfires etc. At an extreme stretch you alternator may be failing, but the dealer should have caught that during diagnosing your replacement battery.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
296 Posts
My 2010 HSE has two remote keys, they both have replaceable CR type small batteries - my assumption is that the 2011 is the same. Needless to say these are not rechargeable through the ignition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have two remotes and I do tend to use the same key fob over and over. I’ll try the other one for awhile thanks. Any idea about the back up camera issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply. I’m confused as to how the car would know what key fob l’m using since I get the low battery message as soon as I open the door. I haven’t even attempted to start it up. Is it because the key fob is close enough to ignition activate the error message?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
when you hit the unlock button the Rover adjusts the seats and sets the radio to remote you are using... primary remote for memory 1 and secondary for memory 2. if your remotes have replaceable batteries it senses that the signal for unlock is weak and lets you know to change your batteries in your remote. It has nothing to do with actually starting the Rover, it happens through the security/convenience system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts