RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Supercharged Range Rover. I have had good performance from it up until the past few months. I swore it was not running right and took it into the shop we had been using and they told me they could not find anything. I was still sensing something was not right. It seemed to pause at certain transition points while accelerating and had developed a quiet ticking that you could hear from outside the car. I took it into a second shop and they diagnosed that it was the timing chain tensioners and guides. They said I got very lucky as the guides were almost ready to go which would have ruined my engine. I had that repair completed and got my car back and the noise is gone. I feel that it still has a rough point when accelerating. After I accelerate past this 'rough' patch, it calms back down. It is a subtle rough patch, but it is not smooth like my car has always driven. It is nothing super loud but I have 112,000 miles on my car so feel I know it well. Has anyone had any similar issues?

I also have had a really annoying squeak at low speeds from my right front passenger wheel area. No one can figure out where it is coming from as it never seems to happen when we have it in the shop.

After putting several thousand dollars in it, I would love to drive it for many more miles, but starting to wonder if it is time to part ways. Any advice is very welcomed.

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
Perhaps not as hard as you might think. When was the last time you had the intake cleaned? At 100K+ miles it should been at least twice by now. It's fairly easy to disassemble and clean the carbon build up from the intake. The result is nice smooth even idle and acceleration. With carbon build up idle may be compromised and acceleration may have faint stumbles.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
111 Posts
I have a hesitation, but only in second gear. More pronounced when engine is cold. It's like the throttle is barely lifted, RPM holds, then raises, then shifts. Not rough. Is yours in any gear or have you noticed it just in one gear?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts