RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can change the stations on the screen, but no matter what I do, there is no sound. There is also no sound when I use navigation or my cell phone which is connected via Bluetooth. Any ideas what could be wrong?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Reboot. ;-) Turn off the ignition, go have a cup of coffee and come back after 10-15 minutes, restart the engine. Does audio work? If it does, something didn't "initialize" properly - happens occasionally with these cars. Allowing all modules to shut off and then restarting usually solves it.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
36 Posts
And if the above does not work...unplug negative cable from battery...wait 10 mins....come back and plug it back up....start up car

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am afraid to unhook the battery and lose all my settings. That happened to me with my previous car, an Infiniti, as even the window settings were lost and they would not go all the way up anymore. Do you think that will happen here?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Yes, but they are easy to reset (one-shot up/down windows reset instructions are in your Owner's Manual.) You may also need to reset the clock, although preset radio station should be preserved.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Reboot. ;-) Turn off the ignition, go have a cup of coffee and come back after 10-15 minutes, restart the engine. Does audio work? If it does, something didn't "initialize" properly - happens occasionally with these cars. Allowing all modules to shut off and then restarting usually solves it.
Yes this happens to be me once in a while as well. I've found if you just turn the car off, lock it, wait 30 seconds then unlock and turn it back on, it works fine.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wish Carla2052 would come back and let us know if the suggestions here worked.

I have a similar problem with my adaptive headlights and cruise control. The first few minutes of driving the headlights don't move with the vehicle and the cruise control won't work but drive a few miles and they work again. Its annoying at best so I don't worry about it but it would be nice to know what was causing the slowness in the module communications. Mine is 2006 however so I just chock it up to an aging system that can be expected to have some quirks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts