RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where do I start.. My "brake light sensor" came on the dash after I just hand my brakes changed 5 months ago. I had the mechanic take a look at them he told me I still have have 75% life on them. Today, I was on the road stuck in traffic it is 18 degrees in Chicago my RPM went from 5000 to 3000 RPM. The SUV was stuck in traffic and then completely turned off on the road. I panicked and started the SUV back up. My Check Engine light appeared and then the Battery. As I started to give the car some gas the Lights went away and moment after the Transmission Fault light came on. I pulled over panicked again and parked the SUV in a shopping area. I was able to get the car towed home I did not want to take a chance I still have my brake light sensor on and if I start to drive all those light come on and off Check Engine, Batter, and Transmission Fault. I checked the battery everything is solid I checked all the other connections inside the car everything looks fine. I have a 2011 GT Limited Range Rover Sport. Has anyone ever faced problems like this? Thank you!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
91 Posts
Your battery is faulty. Time for a new one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So where do I start.. My "brake light sensor" came on the dash after I just hand my brakes changed 5 months ago. I had the mechanic take a look at them he told me I still have have 75% life on them. Today, I was on the road stuck in traffic it is 18 degrees in Chicago my RPM went from 5000 to 3000 RPM. The SUV was stuck in traffic and then completely turned off on the road. I panicked and started the SUV back up. My Check Engine light appeared and then the Battery. As I started to give the car some gas the Lights went away and moment after the Transmission Fault light came on. I pulled over panicked again and parked the SUV in a shopping area. I was able to get the car towed home I did not want to take a chance I still have my brake light sensor on and if I start to drive all those light come on and off Check Engine, Batter, and Transmission Fault. I checked the battery everything is solid I checked all the other connections inside the car everything looks fine. I have a 2011 GT Limited Range Rover Sport. Has anyone ever faced problems like this? Thank you!
By the way I only have 60,000 miles on the SUV.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When was the last time the battery was changed. Mileage doesn’t mean anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Batter was changed 2 years ago though.
Do you think it can be a sensor?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Batter was changed 2 years ago though.
Do you think it can be a sensor?
When was the last time the battery was changed. Mileage doesn’t mean anything.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,966 Posts
I use a battery tender on my 2013 RRS HSE luxury. yes it is not driven at all. total miles for the year=0 miles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would agree:
Change Battery/check alternator.
Batterie's capacity chages significantly as it gets cold, make sure the replacement battery is really high quality one, if possible- make sure that specs say it can function properly when it is this cold. I do not know if manufacturers differ the chemistry for sothern/northern markets but it is safe to assume that not all batteries are created equal, so basic info gethering could be beneficial.
Brake bad sensor could go bad due to number of reasons, it is a $10 part, if you had taken your truck to mechanic, I dont understand why didn't he throw the new one in just to exclude possibility of a deffect out of equation? Thats just strange.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was able to get the car towed home I did not want to take a chance I still have my brake light sensor on and if I start to drive all those light come on and off Check Engine, Batter, and Transmission Fault auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver . I checked the battery everything is solid I checked all the other connections inside the car everything looks fine. I have a 2011 GT Limited Range Rover Sport. Has anyone ever faced problems like this? Thank you!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I faced all the same issues which is why I told you about the battery. I went to autozone and purchased one. Issues gone. Drove my truck to the dealer with it and popped back in old battery and issues came back so they swapped my battery. I was under warranty with my 2011 HSE Lux. No different than yours. You just a body kit on yours. I have that installed in mines too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Range Rover Sport fits between the Land Rover LR4 and the flagship Range Rover in the Land Rover lineup, bridging the gap from a price standpoint. The Sport is the shortest of the three, both in overall length and in height, and it's built on a shorter wheelbase. And it only seats five. Auto Clicker, Mouse Clicker, Autoclicker, Click Speed Test, Cps Test. Range Rover Sport was substantially revised for the 2010 model year with fresh styling, a new 5.0-liter V8 and 6-speed automatic transmission, more luxurious interior, safety enhancements, additions to the Terrain Response system, and a new surround camera system designed to aid towing and driving off road.

·
Registered
4 Posts

What's up with all these random links showing up in people's posts here lately? And Glen778, what does any of that have to do with the question at hand? Am I crazy or are a bunch of spam bots posting here now?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I took it into the shop on Tuesday. Tomorrow will be a week that Range Rover has be looked by a professional. He drove the car early this week told me no issues occurred. Called me again today and same thing no issues. Ran all the computer scanners and no sensors came. The brake light disappeared he did mention that to me. He informed me that tomorrow he is taking it out on the highway to see if that might pop up some sensors. Again, just my luck once I take the Range Rover back all the problems might appear. I did mention to him to test and see if I need a new battery or alternator. He will get back to me tomorrow after the highway trip. Also I want to thank all of you for your help I really do appreciate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 283573

What's up with all these random links showing up in people's posts here lately? And Glen778, what does any of that have to do with the question at hand? Am I crazy or are a bunch of spam bots posting here now?
I am not doing any kind of spam and there are lots of members who are spambots say something about them also...!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts