RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love my Rover. One exception is that the radio - especially on AM - does not bring in the stations I like. None of the stations are really strong and completely free of static. FM gets a few more stations a little better. It seems like either the antenna doesn't have a good connection or maybe it doesn't have ignition noise suppression. I'm guessing that the antenna is actually the windshield heater. But looking at the radio and the dashboard, I am not sure where to start. Here's hoping someone here has a good idea where I should start. tia. bob

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,152 Posts
Antennas are in the back, the FM is in the rear upper tailgate, and the AM is in the left side rear quarter window. No antennas in the front of the vehicle, just the windsheild heater elements in the front windscreen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Antennas are in the back, the FM is in the rear upper tailgate, and the AM is in the left side rear quarter window. No antennas in the front of the vehicle, just the windsheild heater elements in the front windscreen.

Thanks Marc. That's helpful.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
659 Posts
You mean AM is still around? I thought went out with the 8 track.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
AM.....rofl
The stereo in the wife's '11SC kicks butt. Its ether on XM or an Apple device though

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I haven't tried an "Apple device". It might kick butt OK. But I do like to listen to traffic and talk programs. They seem to be the best on AM.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I reseated the connections to the various boxes behind the panel in the left rear. The AM reception got way better.
Bob

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,152 Posts
Try the FM with the rear window defogger on. Mine goes completely to hell when I do that. I suspect a rust ground connection for the heater elements, but I listen the the satellite radio 100% of the time anyway so it doesn't bother me that much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts