RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 HSE with the 5.0L motor (not the supercharged). The motor has seized (badly) to the point that not a whole lot is salvageable. I am looking to find a donor car in a salvage auction to extract the motor. The question is: in what years was this motor used? So I can narrow down a window of possibilities.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016+ RR, Range Rover Sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, forgot to ask - was this motor used in the Land Rover Sport version also? The VIN # is SALMF1D4XBA345206

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
94 Posts
AJ-V8

Half of these are blown, you can tell the N/A ones from the lower HP rating pretty much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all - If anyone has a source for a motor or purchased a decently priced one in the past - let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
Incorrect actually, there is new news that timing components were not updated for the L320, and L322 body styles. It is best to with whatever engine you end up with, have the timing tensioners and timing guides replaced. JLR updated that the chain is not known to stretch due to bad components.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Would it be possible to swap-in an AJ133 SuperCharged without too much additional heartache other than intercooler installation and ECU?

·
Registered
102 Posts
different heads, different camshafts, different valves, diff coolant system... and probably more & more
Understood, I am not implying that you would remove the SuperCharger and install it on a Naturally Aspirated AJ133. I am asking if a full engine swap (with ECU and Intercooler) would be relatively straightforward.

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Don't see any reason why this wouldn't be fairly straight-forward other than the cooling.

Here's a fun little thread :

https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion/428194-how-remove-engine-2010-range-rover-sport.html

Thanks Win7ermute,

Very informative, though the thread starter confused me saying he was going to do a body-off-frame? I thought the L322 was a monocoque (unibody), not body-on-frame. I did see what appears to be a frame or sub-frame at the empty engine bay?

Looks very challenging, though not as brutal as I had imagined.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks Win7ermute,

Very informative, though the thread starter confused me saying he was going to do a body-off-frame? I thought the L322 was a monocoque (unibody), not body-on-frame. I did see what appears to be a frame or sub-frame at the empty engine bay?

Looks very challenging, though not as brutal as I had imagined.
Upon re-reading, my question was answered on Post #80 that the Range Rover HSE has a full-ladder frame. Apologies for the extras post; too much time elapsed for me to edit.

Thanks again for that super-informative thread. I am hopeful that I might do the entire swap for less than $20k, possibly way less if I do it myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts