RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there folks
I recently got a fully loaded HSE 2011 with Nav and BT for phone, lane assist and adaptive cruise etc.. so I think it's the luxury package.

I was able to connect Phone via BT but I can't seem to stream music from it, which is weird. I had 2017 BMW X3 and that was straight forward if you already connected phone to Infotainment, then you can stream music or use it for calls.

I have an Android so I can't connect the 30pin iPod connecter there. and it's ridiculous to use Aux. so 1990!

Is their anyway I can connect my Samsung to stream music on the RR system via Bluetooth?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi there folks
I recently got a fully loaded HSE 2011 with Nav and BT for phone, lane assist and adaptive cruise etc.. so I think it's the luxury package.

I was able to connect Phone via BT but I can't seem to stream music from it, which is weird. I had 2017 BMW X3 and that was straight forward if you already connected phone to Infotainment, then you can stream music or use it for calls.

I have an Android so I can't connect the 30pin iPod connecter there. and it's ridiculous to use Aux. so 1990!

Is their anyway I can connect my Samsung to stream music on the RR system via Bluetooth?

Thanks in advance
this is what i use in my 12 SC

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You might consider buying an Ipod. I'm sure the Bovee works but I like leaving the Ipod in the cubby and using like a hard drive in the Rover. I don't usually charge my phone in the car, it always seems to shorten battery life. So I don't have to plug/unplug of even remove from my pocket. Plus I find an hardwired Ipod has better sound quality. I'm sure there are naysayers that say you can't tell. But I have listened to satellite radio, BT, CD, Ipod over the stereo and sound quality goes in the order I listed by a considerable margin. To my ears anyway.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
72 Posts
You might consider buying an Ipod. I'm sure the Bovee works but I like leaving the Ipod in the cubby and using like a hard drive in the Rover. I don't usually charge my phone in the car, it always seems to shorten battery life. So I don't have to plug/unplug of even remove from my pocket. Plus I find an hardwired Ipod has better sound quality. I'm sure there are naysayers that say you can't tell. But I have listened to satellite radio, BT, CD, Ipod over the stereo and sound quality goes in the order I listed by a considerable margin. To my ears anyway.
There's no need to do this. You can just get a USB dongle and put the MP3s on it and plug it into the jack inside of the center console.

But the bovee is great, even for Android.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
There's no need to do this. You can just get a USB dongle and put the MP3s on it and plug it into the jack inside of the center console.

But the bovee is great, even for Android.
You are correct, you don't need to do it my way. I just prefer it. I don't have to route cords or plug in. The interface is compatible with the screen and sound quality is excellent. The USB connection can be finicky.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you , yeah iPod sure works nice but I like to stream music . I don't store things anymore
that's why streaming on phone works great if I can connect it to the RR. Spotify is mainly what I listen

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Sorry, you were clear about that. I forget as I just don't reliably have the connection strength for streaming. Plus I'm more of an album guy anyway, you know, the 50+ old guy crowd.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, you were clear about that. I forget as I just don't reliably have the connection strength for streaming. Plus I'm more of an album guy anyway, you know, the 50+ old guy crowd.
LOL it's all good brother. thanks for all the help
I am not that far behind at 45!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts