RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a diagnostic machine that will do my 2011 range rover, ideally I'm after something that I can program different things like keys etc and diagnose all the ecu's (bluetooth, satnav etc). I do have a nanocom that I brought for my P38 but i don't think that it will program or diagnose the stuff that i want if i buy the unlock code for my motor (unless someone will tell me different)I also have a delphi diagnostic kit which won't find some of the ecu's (bluetooth & nav), which obviously i need,Any suggestions which diagnostic machines would do the job for me?Many thanks in advanceASH

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
GAPs IID tool will do everything that is possible at the moment.
if something doesn't work, they have a fantastic technical support. You can buy it direct (recommended ) or through Allmakes in the UK.
I say no more.. I use it every day for anything AFTER the p38. The only drawback is that some systems on the early L322 and on the Puma (10AS and ABS) are not supported. But you are after your specific model and you will love it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info & I've looked at them, but am i right in thinking, that they're £400. & then they're locked to your car only & can only be used on a mobile device?

Many thank in advance

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Thanks for the info & I've looked at them, but am i right in thinking, that they're £400. & then they're locked to your car only & can only be used on a mobile device?

Many thank in advance
Yes you need a phone.
Or a tablet but while the large screen is nice they are quite pricey. My Samsung E7 works fine, so does a J1.
2 from today.
A Hawkeye gives you the other view.. I think the decision is easy.
If you don't care about handheld and want maximum data access, Rovacom is the last shot.
I never had a non pro version of any of the good tools, but I don't think IIdTool is locked to 1 car, it is more like one model.
Both are shots I took today, a 4.4 NAS l322 and a normal 6 cylinder diesel manual p38.

Don't get me wrong, personally I need to have the lot, the Rovacom for serious programming the IIdTool for the modern ones Hawkeye Pro for everything else.

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I've been reading up on IDS SDD

It says that its what dealers use.. Can anyone confirm this or advise me?

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Thanks for the info, I've been reading up on IDS SDD

It says that its what dealers use.. Can anyone confirm this or advise me?

Many thanks
The dealer here, motores satánicos, as we call them are hardly able to use any tool properly. They use topix.
The latter is very expensive and does not allow some things you can do with Gaps

As I know from my Brazilian colleague they use a 3rd party 5000 USD device that is also popular with a big garage in Panama.

The main dealer in São Paulo uses Topix only.

In France everybody uses nanocom but not for your year.

Today I am one of 2 in this country who repair electrical stuff on Land Rovers. I used to have a similar standing in France years ago.

Personally I think if you can afford a car which has 10 times the price tag of mine you should not skimp on an essential diagnostic tool.. but I will happily go and repair your car ;)

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
The BEST kit as far as what it can do is the BBS Faultmate. Period. It has the most capabilities by far.
I have it for the LSx powered P38.
I also have a TekPro, RSW, and ID BT Tool for the '11 FFSC.
The Faultmate is expensive and not as easy to navigate, but it is the most comprehensive bit of kit by far.
An example is GAP telling me to take the '11 to a dealer to get some missing software added......Not ideal by any means in my book.
You may want to ask folks what they have used, before believing every word they say about diagnostic equipment. Just a thought....
Martin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts