Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's,

after picking up my 2011 range rover i couldn't connect my phone to the bluetooth, anyway i looked at the module in the boot & strangely it was unplugged, i plugged the grey connector in but seems like something is missing.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks in advance Vehicle Car Auto part Technology Engine

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume that the most loop is the 2 wires joined? (whats it do?) and the other question is, if I separate them, do they plug into the bluetooth module ??

Many thanks in advance

· RIP Our Friend
27,964 Posts
Yes, but if it has been bypassed the module is likely not working. The MOST "loop" is just that. If one component fails in the loop all sorts of issues pop up due to lack of communications. That's the reason folks either purchase a bypass or use a stick pen tube to join the optics and restore communications within the loop.

Fortunately replacing the bluetooth module is simple and you can remove the bypass to restore operation with a known good second hand unit.

· Registered
110 Posts
I have a 2011 RR HSE. I purchased it used 2 years ago. The Bluetooth connected ok, but whomever I spoke with said it was like I was talking in a tornado. When I upgraded my iphone to 15.0, the BT stopped showing up on my phone. Maybe the 15.0 aspect was coincidental, but it still doesn't show up in my phone's BT settings. I checked the module, and it is not bypassed, nor does it appear dirty/wet/etc. I gently pulled out the two wires and one of them had a red light at the end, the other did not. is that normal?

Since it sounded like I was talking on the phone in a tornado, it tells me the BT was on its way out. However, i still get the screen on my truck saying if a phone is available to pair it will..etc, so i'm hoping it's a little fix. Any thoughts? Thanks!

PS-I have a GAP IIDTool-is there something on it that I can try?

· Registered
1,768 Posts
Well my '12 has crap sound quality when BT'ed in and has for as long as I have had it. So not sure they are related. Assuming your phone BT is turned on, you checked that right? Maybe try another phone is you can borrow somebody just to try and make sure its not the fancy new phone. One of these days I'm going to get motivated to try changing out the microphone and see if I can improve the sound quality.

· Registered
110 Posts
Does anyone know the best way to remove the bluetooth module from its mounting? I have the 2011, and it looks like the one in the first post. I'm able to remove the wires, but is the module itself mounted by screws or glue? I didn't see any screws/bolts in the front. It won't come off with just a little elbow grease.

· Registered
657 Posts
Does anyone know the best way to remove the bluetooth module from its mounting? I have the 2011, and it looks like the one in the first post. I'm able to remove the wires, but is the module itself mounted by screws or glue? I didn't see any screws/bolts in the front. It won't come off with just a little elbow grease.

There's a slightly obscured 7mm bolt behind the corner facing the trunk (can't remember which one off the top of my head). Remove that bolt and then the ends can be "walked" away from their end-cap mounts.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.