Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please give me any ideas how to remove thew amp for inspection.

Ive got a couple of little problems & I want to eliminate the AMP in the boot.

Id appreciate any help or advice, also if someone can give me an idea how long it will take.

Many thanks in advance

ASH

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's in the left rear corner, secured by four 8mm head screws to a large mounting plate which may also have the bluetooth, nav and DVD player, along with the rear ICE, keyless entry module and the backup module attached.

The lowest [power] connector plug on the side of the amp can be a bit fiddly to remove. Don't force it.

To get to all of that, you'll need to remove the boot liner on the left sidewall, the spare wheel covering, the chrome floor tie down fitting and the plastic "hook" clip [twist it 90 degrees to release] on the narrow vertical trim in the left corner. Under the boot floor cover on the left side, there's a black moulding that's retained by three 10mm plastic nuts. Remove the 10mm's and then gently work the trim sideways towards the spare wheel area to release. (There may also be a plastic clip/pin retaining the left rear wheel arch trim to this plastic mount at the leading edge.

Once you've removed that moulding, you can then re-install the boot floor covering for a solid surface to sit or kneel on.

Depending on the spec of the ICE on your car, at a minimum you'll need to then release the plastic trim which several multi-plugs clip into and [gently] pull it up to give greater access to the ICE mounting brackets.

Take plenty of pictures as you dismantle the ICE components so that you have references for the install.

It should take about 30 minutes to remove the amp, without rushing. An hour if you take your time.

Take care noting, then removing all the loom and MOST line clips and fittings.

Rob

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob, that does make a lot of sense. I don't have a nav system in the boot (fitted hard drive version), but I do have bluetooth, DVD player & keyless entry/start along with the backup camera system, so I'm assuming that it may be a bit awkward.

thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts