RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 RRSC with 93k miles and have a few issues I am trying to sort out. First When the engine is cold and i fire up it runs a bit rough and gives a restricted performance light for about 30 seconds. I can shut it off and restart and it runs well with no other issues. I get misfire codes for cyl 2,4,6,8 and P0316 for randoms in first 1k revolutions. I have tried swapping MAF's around and no difference. all the codes are for bank 2. the actual counts are extremely low as well with cylinder 4 being the highest i've seen on between 15 and 20 misfire. the others are single digit if anything. I dont want to just start guessing and dumping $$ on parts that don't need replacement. Anyone have ideas?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
327 Posts
How about swapping the Bank 2 ignition components to Bank 1 to see if the problems follow?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only reason i havent is that once its warmed up for a minute and restarted its fine, no misfires while running at that point. usually i would expect to see a couple hundred misfires for the cylinder that has a bad coil?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,947 Posts
I get 2,6, 8 misfire and under 1K random misfire
I recently had the timing chains and tensioners and VVT gears 4 of them replaced.
the truck sometimes runs great but its mostly at idle the rough idle shows up.
Ran a few cans of BG 44 through the fuel system no changes I wonder if its time to remove the supercharger to investigate vacuum leas or maybe its time for a new set of injectors
I have 110K miles on my 2010 FFRRSC

·
Registered
614 Posts
After 3 years of investigation i finally found the main reason of misfires, bad compression,
i did head job replaced some valves replaced the timing chains and his components now everything is okay

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I have not fixed this issue its not bad but i have not taken a compression test either.
Maybe thats what I need to do

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Well that's kind of scary, is this going to be a new common issue with these engines?

What so far..?
Plastic coolant pipes
Supercharger snout
Timing Systems
Injectors
Both my and my girlfriend are really liking our last gen L322s, it'd be terrible to see them be basically thrown out due to bad engines!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
FWIW I really miss my 2005 FFRR it had great leather with the Oxford leather upgrade, not as fast or techie but it was very nice.

The 2010 has seats that to me seem cost minded, they have more features but less comfort.

as others have said the 2007 to 2009 were the best years to own one, this may be the best thing to do.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the same thing, misfire of 2,4,6 + random misfire + misfire on first 1000 rev and next day misfire of cyl 8 is usually comes up too. I changed spark plugs and cleaned injectors, but that doesn't help. Fuel trim of Bank 2 is negative - that shows that there is too much fuel, so probably I have to replace injectors...?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the same thing, misfire of 2,4,6 + random misfire + misfire on first 1000 rev and next day misfire of cyl 8 is usually comes up too. I changed spark plugs and cleaned injectors, but that doesn't help. Fuel trim of Bank 2 is negative - that shows that there is too much fuel, so probably I have to replace injectors...?
Replaced 8 injectors, the issue is still there :(

·
Registered
174 Posts
Negative fuel trim issues typically mean that the system is subtracting fuel for some reason. It is possible for the O2 sensor for that side to be getting bleed voltage from another circuit, such as the heater, which will make the system LOOK rich. The resulting subtracted fuel will make those cylinders run lean, causing a misfire. If possible, look at the O2 sensor voltages. If the banks are significantly different, that will be the place to start. Ray

·
Registered
86 Posts
Negative fuel trim issues typically mean that the system is subtracting fuel for some reason. It is possible for the O2 sensor for that side to be getting bleed voltage from another circuit, such as the heater, which will make the system LOOK rich. The resulting subtracted fuel will make those cylinders run lean, causing a misfire. If possible, look at the O2 sensor voltages. If the banks are significantly different, that will be the place to start. Ray
Yesterday I switched o2 from left to right side(for debugging purpose), but negative values still in Bank2 and there is no big difference in Banks

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
does anyone one know what the firing order layout is for the 2010 SC 5.0 engine and then what the code reader firing order is,
I think they are different

·
Registered
174 Posts
This looks to me as if the bank 2 readings have reached their limit. I am a little confused regarding the 3.9%, but this may be due to insufficient time to adjust the long term trim, due to something intermittent. There are several things to check, based on some checks. We need to know what the O2 sensor voltages are. If they are constantly above about .6 volts, the computer is responding to high O2 voltages. The source of the problem then is either a false high voltage on that O2 sensor, or something on that side of the engine making the mixture look rich. The other possibility is that there is something adding fuel to the mixture besides the injectors. Let's start by checking the O2 sensor voltage on that side, and go from there. Ray

·
Registered
86 Posts
This looks to me as if the bank 2 readings have reached their limit. I am a little confused regarding the 3.9%, but this may be due to insufficient time to adjust the long term trim, due to something intermittent. There are several things to check, based on some checks. We need to know what the O2 sensor voltages are. If they are constantly above about .6 volts, the computer is responding to high O2 voltages. The source of the problem then is either a false high voltage on that O2 sensor, or something on that side of the engine making the mixture look rich. The other possibility is that there is something adding fuel to the mixture besides the injectors. Let's start by checking the O2 sensor voltage on that side, and go from there. Ray
Thank you for the response, I will check voltage and post the results here, but few days ago I replaced O2 sensors from left side to right side and fuel trim shows the same numbers, so O2 sensors looks like OK and issue is something else. Thank you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts