RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011-12 RRS/SC wheel question from a total noob. Please chime in.

I've never owned a Land Rover but I'm actively looking for a RRS/SC. I recently totalled my SUV and just sold my garage queen S/C 510rwhp vette. I am looking at several (under) 25,000 mile RRS/SC's in the high $50's low to mid $60's and I desperately want to add some Vossen VVSCV3 22" wheels if possible. I was thinking fronts: 22x9 - 245/35/22 rear: 22x10.5 - 315/35/22, but I am also unfamiliar with proper sizes for a RRS. I'm not planning to lower the RRS and don't mind a few inches of space between the fender and tire. Anyone with experience that can chime in on this is appreciated.

This is the look I'm going after: http://www.miamiwholesalecars.com/2012_Land Rover_Land Rover_MIAMI_FL_185614742.veh

Link to the sold vette:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-general/2669068-my-first-real-photoshoot-in-a-parking-garage.html

P
lease help a noob with your experience.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
89 Posts
Re: 2011-12 RRS/SC wheel question from a total noob. Please chime in.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the thin spoke look. I think the Sports look better with a more robust wheel, a wheel that fills in the wheel well and limits the visibility of the brakes. At one point I tried a similar look and ended up changing my mind.

The photo below was taken in access mode with 22x10 wheels, and 285/35/22 tires.

image.jpg

Good luck with your search !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I hear ya, tastes vary greatly, especially when it comes to modding a RRS. I personally love the look of the one you posted and I don't mind seeing the brakes (I'll probably end up powdercoating them anyway). As with my old vette, I love the staggered look. My primary concern is if a staggered fitment is doable with the RRS with respect to the computer's active handling or traction control algorithms. Do the wheels and tires need to be the same dimensions on all 4 corners or is there some wiggle room to stagger them....a little more narrow in the front with wider rears?

TIA,
Jason

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
225 Posts

I would run the 10.5's up front also like on the vehicle in the link. If you run the 9's they will not have the deep concave look that the 10.5's have. You will be able to rotate the tires if you run same size wheels & help with tire wear. I would think about lowering the vehicle a little as when you add 22's they look goofy if you don't. As little as a 20mm drop would work & would not affect the ride. Vossen is great looking wheel & I myself am getting some in near future but the CV4's.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

The overall circumference / RPM of front and rear tires must match to avoid issues. Other than that, you can run a staggered setup on the Sport. I used to run staggered Cargraphics 21" rims - 10x21 ET46 with 275/40/21 tires front, 11.5x21 ET52 with 315/35/21 rear - on my NA 2006 until the off-road bug bit me. Just do your homework carefully or consult with a professional to pick the correct wheels / offsets and tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for the responses, I now have the info I was looking for.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
436 Posts

The overall circumference / RPM of front and rear tires must match to avoid issues. Other than that, you can run a staggered setup on the Sport. I used to run staggered Cargraphics 21" rims - 10x21 ET46 with 275/40/21 tires front, 11.5x21 ET52 with 315/35/21 rear - on my NA 2006 until the off-road bug bit me. Just do your homework carefully or consult with a professional to pick the correct wheels / offsets and tires.
What tire and wheel combo are you running on now?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts