RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local dealer today as they have several 2009 RRS HSEs on the lot. As they also have several 2009s, it was interesting to see the 2010S and 2009s side by side. Although i do prefer the 2009 front grill, I do like everything else about the 2010s, especially the interior upgrades. I did notice that the 2010s come with Michelin Latitude tires instead of the Continentals. Any idea why they made this change?

BE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering if perhaps the contis were causing some of the vibration / shimmey issues many have experienced? :?:

BE
2008 RRS SC

·
Registered
458 Posts
Oh gosh, yes... The Contis were crap and they're even crap on our Full Sized Supercharged. The question is, will the Sport Supercharged have the Michelins. It's funny because we swapped out the Contis for the Michelin Latitude on our '06 Sport SC. They are twice the tire, and get this, no treadwear yet! The old Contis would've been toast by now. I really, really hope they put the Michelins on the SC. They also are twice as good in the snow. Any info on this? Anyone?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
225 Posts
2008RRS said:
I was wondering if perhaps the contis were causing some of the vibration / shimmey issues many have experienced? :?:

BE
2008 RRS SC

Are you getting any vibration / shimmey issues on your 2008?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
225 Posts
seanFLA said:
My vibration / rattle problems stopped once I took off the Contis.

Ahh ha! Has this been the same outcome for everyone else?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 2010 SC has the Michelins. Much meatier tread pattern, but no noisier than the Continentals. Which were, indeed, pants.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts