RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I just thought I would start a board for present and potential 2010 Range Rover owners.

I'm Chris, I have a 2010 RR HSE and I love it. It is lacking in certain areas but overall it's a great ride.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi Chris! I'm Alex!

I own a 2004 which is essentially the same truck! So you don't need a separate forum.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think a new forum is a great idea. Whenever people post information about them or their experiences the hit count is always high. I don't own one but do plan on purchasing one in the future, so input from current owners would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Let me put this in perspective because we have a new member/owner and another potential owner

In 2003 (in the US) Land Rover introduced the completely redesigned Range Rover with BMW derived engines. In 2006, the Range Rover got an UPDATE with a "Jaguar" engine. In 2010, the Range Rover got another "Jaguar" engine.

Because 2003-2010 still ride on the same unibody platform, a separate forum is not going to happen. I'm not even a moderator and I know this will be denied. I'm sorry, but your 2010 is just updated. Not new. When I bought mine in 2004, it was "new" in 2004 (considering it came out the year before). That was an advancement over the P38 design. Yours is not. Yours is an updated version. Refresh Rovers do not get new forums.

Now, when the Range Rover gets an "Completely redesigned, all new for 20XX" then yes, I will be all for new subforums.

I'm sorry moderators, this might be the absolute dumbest thread I have come across in awhile.

What happened to this site? I'm so agreeing with Dan now.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I just picked up a 2010 RR S/C about a week ago, and it really is an improvement over my 08 S/C, which was fantastic!. I also have an LR4 coming in to replace my LR3 in about a month. While the power increase from the 08 S/C to the '10 S/C is nice, the biggest change will be for people going from RR HSE to the new HSE. The extra power from the new NA motor is a big improvement, as the old NA motor was just barely enough power for all the weight.

Good:
too many to list

Bad: (sort of)

New S/C front brakes dust up even worse than the 08
New key fob is huge and weighs as much a gold bar
Has keyless start, but you still have to use the fob to unlock/lock doors (previously mentioned by another member) The LR4 does have keyless lock/unlock?????
Can't use either of my of my old trailer harnesses. New CANBUS electrical system requires new harnesses and they have to be programmed now. The new harness, however, is wayyyy easier to install now.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
2010s are a midlife face-lift of the current MkIII platform (a fairly heavy one, but a face-lift nevertheless), so there should be no need for a new forum dedicated to them, IMHO. Ultimately though, that decision is up to John - this is his web site after all, and he can create as many forums and sub-forums as he pleases.

Land Rover felt the need to rename the current Disco/LR3 and call it Disco/LR4 for 2010, even though we all know it is the same basic car with a bigger engine, a flashy new front end and some better goodies inside... So, they must be a bit confused themselves. :lol:

At the same time, it seems obvious to me that the OP meant to start a new thread about MY2010s, mostly to introduce himself and to hear from other new owners, and probably used the term "Board" (instead of "Topic" or "Thread") loosely, so I don't think we should start panicking and wondering what happened to our online community because of semantics. Let's welcome Chris to the forum - he posted in the right one, after all - and remind him instead that it is considered rude to introduce yourself here without posting some shots of your new Range Rover, especially a brand spanking new 2010! :wink:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had an order in since July for a SC. I was originally told my Range would be in buy the end of September, then the end of October, now I am being told that it may be December as the Surround Camera System will not be available until then. I asked if I could remove the surround camera system (said to remove this if it would cause a delay when I originally placed my order) so it could be built and was told this would cause me to cancel my current order and I would not receive the Range any sooner. Anyone have any info on this? This is my 3rd Range I have never had such a hard time ordering, even in 03.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
azvipers said:
I have had an order in since July for a SC. I was originally told my Range would be in buy the end of September, then the end of October, now I am being told that it may be December as the Surround Camera System will not be available until then. I asked if I could remove the surround camera system (said to remove this if it would cause a delay when I originally placed my order) so it could be built and was told this would cause me to cancel my current order and I would not receive the Range any sooner. Anyone have any info on this? This is my 3rd Range I have never had such a hard time ordering, even in 03.
You're being jerked around, I've seen a white supercharged with the camera system, as well as a black on at another dealer... I'd just look for another dealer!

·
Registered
238 Posts
A question for the guys with 2010 Rangies

How do you find the adaptive dampers? Have they made any difference to the comfort or ride quality compare to your previous Rangies?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
519 Posts
I was at the dealer Monday. There was a black 2010 RRSC in the service bay. It did have a camera system.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
HSE2 said:
A question for the guys with 2010 Rangies

How do you find the adaptive dampers? Have they made any difference to the comfort or ride quality compare to your previous Rangies?
They work well, but the first 1"-2" of travel is softer than my 08 so the "ride" is a little less jiggely and there is a little more body movement on intial turn in until the car takes a set. Once "set", the car handles very well. I have a set of 08 wheels with different tires, so I will try these to see how much the new '10 tires are contributing to the softer ride.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
Is the new suspension air driven or not? And would the new springs/dampers fit and replace the ones for the older models?

·
Registered
9 Posts
First Post All.

It is really hard to find a good set of forums for the Range Rover. I purchased my first last week (2010 HSE). I appreciate the facelift comments from the person above, however there are many different technologic items along with engine changes that make a concise area of discuss much easier to access.

Example - I am curious if the "dual view" option that appears to be available overseas is hackable?

Also - I am curious abou the NAV Hacks - has anybody heard of one for the 2010?

Steve

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
adara said:
Is the new suspension air driven or not? And would the new springs/dampers fit and replace the ones for the older models?
I imagine as the system is "Active" it needs multiple computers to work, so I would say that rules out a retrofit. I don't know why LR didn't fit ACE from the Discovery to either the P38 or the L322, that was a great system, oh yeah it was LR designed and BMW scrapped it...
Blerb from LR:

Adaptive Dynamics
The new Adaptive Dynamics suspension system provides the best ever Range Rover experience over rough roads by fully utilising the vehicle's long suspension travel to absorb potholes or ruts. It also provides enhanced control at higher speeds while cornering or braking.

Adaptive Dynamics predicts the response to the driver's actions, constantly fine tuning the suspension settings of each wheel of the vehicle to best suit the terrain. This helps ensure that all occupants are transported in the greatest possible comfort, regardless of the road surface and variations in conditions.

As the front is integrated Damper AND Spring I would think there are massive changes here as air suspension cannot counter swift body roll fast enough - I like Audi's new design:

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
42 Posts
I visited my dealer on Friday to check out the 2010 versus 2009 leftovers. Well my dealer had totally sold out of 2009s, and the only had ONE 2010 HSE in the showroom which was NOT available for test drives as the battery was flat. The other 2010s were all being prepped for delivery. My salesman told me the Surround Camera System is indeed delayed, and that they had a demo with a functioning surround camera system and had to send it back. Also, the 1100 watt audio system is not yet available either. He also said they haven't even SEEN an Autobiography yet.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I've had my 2010 S/C for a few days now...still getting used to the power :). My local dealer has sold a good 15 of these already and has at least 3 S/C on the lot, not including the one I bought.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Call me crazy but the RR is a good car for these times for those that are still doing ok financially. It's a large comfortable 4 door that doesn't throw it in peoples face like a large S or 7 Series IMO.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts