RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few people have sent PM's to me wanting to see pics when I got the front windows tinted. Just had it done today. 20% Sun Tek. Loving the truck so far. I seem to have avoided the initial issues that some are having. I will take some high res (non iphone) photos when we have nice enough weather to wash the truck. It has rained for 10 days straight!

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
Nice RCM.

Now that's a great looking truck, even looks like it just climbed out of the 2009 advertisements I've seen around the Billboards !

Love the look with those wheels too. How has the "Storm Trooper" performed in the big wet & any tyre grip or traction issues ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wet traction is really good. I am running the Yokahama Parada X-Spec 285/35/22. I have had great luck with these tires. They are a bargain at $780 a set. I put 6K miles on them with my '06, and have about 400 miles on my 2010. I don't say any signs of wear yet. The biggest thing you notice, is running over pot holes. You just feel it more. I am planning on getting a winter set of wheels and tires .. probably the Coopers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Based on your comment about the tires, you are running the same wheels from your 06 on your 10? I had assumed the wheel fitment wouldn't change, but this seems to verify it. Car looks great, btw!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yeah.

My aunty in Toronto has a second set for her new Subaru Impreza for winter terrain & dry running the back streets of Ontario !

I've driven on those Yoko's in a FFRR running 22" rims and turn-in was much improved without affecting the cool ride quality.

Have you done any back country work in your '06 throughout the neighbourhood as I'm interested on your tyre/wheel selection ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
RCM,

Sweet Ride! Great Choice! Where you from?

Would you say the 20% tints match the rears 100%? I'm taking mine in this Saturday.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice -- looks great!

How do you like your stormers -- where did you get them, and how much ? Would you recommend the dealer you bought your stormers from ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would say the only way to get the tint any better, is at the factory. To me, it is perfect and I am picky. The wheels came from calchrome. If you search my posts from the past, you will see where I initially had a problem with calchrome. In the end, they made it right. You can read the threads. A wheel was damaged in shipping. I was just upset that they made my pay for a fifth wheel until I sent back the fourth that was damaged. The wheels have been good. They balanced out well. They rode great on my 06 and perfect on the 2010. I would do business with them again. I think 4 wheels and 4 TPMS sensors were about $1600 shipped. Keep in mind THE 2010 TPMS sensore ARE DIFFERENT than models past. I had to take the ones out of my stock 20's to make it work. PM me for more details.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts