RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposed to be towing my caravan to Cornwall Tuesday with my 50,000 mile 2010 Vogue SE. Yesterday I had some rear brake pads fitted and some front tyres... fine for 15-20 miles pottering around then this morning all has gone wrong, do you think this could be connected or coincidence?

Started the vogue up this morning to receive the message Forward alert not available, drove down the road trying to see if the cruise would work to receive the message cruise control not available.

Cant see me getting this sorted in time to go away, do I abandon my 2 weeks away (or at least part of it) or will the car be fine to use?

Any help or suggestions would be welcome as I am extremely anxious.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Where is ACC radar on a 2010 Vogue

Hi, unfortunately no answers to my question of earlier today regarding "no forward alert". So does anyone know where the radar or sensor is for this feature? I have looked below bumpers etc but can not find it... need to check it is not blocked etc. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where is ACC radar on a 2010 Vogue

Hi, unfortunately no answers to my question of earlier today regarding "no forward alert". So does anyone know where the radar or sensor is for this feature? I have looked below bumpers etc but can not find it... need to check it is not blocked etc. Thanks
i have a 2010 L322 vogue se here, this one keeps on coming up with the “Forward Alert unavailable” message, it also came up with some other error messages which have shut down the suspension and terrain settings and active handling, etc. Our diagnostics check showed a “P” code suggesting a faulty brake pedal switch, these cost around £20 or so, on ebay and this appears to have solved the issue. The car is drivable, but not a good idea to use it if you are towing, this could be very dangerous.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
176 Posts
Ive had this issue with my 2011 vogue SE and never have got it sorted. mine shows up with fault code: C1a67

I believe they are very temperamental and also the wiring looms fail, but would love any ideas how to sort this

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should really ignore all codes that don’t begin with a “P”, i would start by replacing the brake light switch and check all rear bulbs are working, they must also be the correct bulbs, as this can throw up a problem if someone has replaced a bulb incorrectly.

·
Registered
176 Posts
HMMM, interesting.. Mine work (apart from all the LED's on the spoiler), but I wouldn't have thought that'd make any diffrence

Also, what has the letter on the fault code mean & why to ignore them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
usually the fault codes begin with a “U”, which means Undocumented, that means they only come on because of the fault elsewhere, which should be a “P” code.
You need to get the leds working, then you can rule that out, if something is not working, then the system will pick it up. Why are they not working ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had a spare led one & opened it up & it seems that these can be prone to water ingress

1 - 8 of 8 Posts