RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the clear upper 2010 led brake light thats up top will fit on a 06 rrs?

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,174 Posts
i don't think it'll fit. obviously a bit easier to see when they're side by side, but they're different shaped.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Yes, the high mounted stop lamp strip on the tailgate spoiler is powered by a bank of 24 LEDs on the new cars and is shaped differently than the light on 2006-09s. You may need to retrofit the whole spoiler, which in the new Sports also includes provisions for the backup camera.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
You should get this instead...

[youtube:24uyck44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbgy3UpTqN8&feature=related[/youtube:24uyck44]

·
Registered
489 Posts
It will definately not fit directly but only due to the bolt alignment. I installed one for a friend but we had to remove the piece that the holds the bolts, in order to align the 06 bolt pattern. It fits the same shape wise however and looks pretty nice.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
OMG, Jeff is back! :thumb:

Hey Jeff, my rear spoiler looks nothing like the one on the 2010 below (the red brake light strip on mine wraps above the spoiler like the 2009 on the bottom), how'd you get that lamp to fit on an 06? Or are you talking about replacing the entire spoiler?

2006-2009

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jbrac25 said:
It will definately not fit directly but only due to the bolt alignment. I installed one for a friend but we had to remove the piece that the holds the bolts, in order to align the 06 bolt pattern. It fits the same shape wise however and looks pretty nice.
How did you do it cause from the pics on the message above there two different sizes? Thanks for all the replys anyone have any questions to my other posts???

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey Umberto
Sorry if i misread the post. You have to change out the whole spoiler it is different and the led strip for sure wont swap over. Modifying it actually wasnt hard. I shouldve taken pics but i was in a hurry. On our 06-09's the back bolts are mounted on the inside of the spoiler itself. On the 2010, the bolts are mounted on a plastic strip which is plastic welded to the inside of the spoiler. If you remove that strip you can then fit the whole spoiler on the car then mark where the bolts would go when you have the lift gate up. The rest is just mounting the bolts in the 2006 locations if i remember correctly. Its been a few months though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Jbrac , I saw that you had done this swap onto an 06-09 tailgate. I have gotten the 2010 spoiler and wanted to ask you what the best method for moving the bolt locations. Did you remove the whole plastic strip on the 2010 spoiler, or just cut out the blocks from the plastic strip that holds the bolts. Im guessing you pryed off the bolts from the 06-09 spoiler and epoxy them to the new one. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey Ryan
Thats exactly what we did. We just moved that whole long plastic piece from the new spoiler and took the existing bolts from the original 06-09 spoiler and 50-50 them to the new spoiler. Once you remove that plastic strip i believe it should fit right in place. Then you can use something from under to mark the wholes on the bottom of the new spoiler. Im up in Pasadena if you wanna mess with it, i dont mind helping out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts